Quantcast

New Trend

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

Yeah these things are starting to annoy me.
I saw a car with one of these on it and then they had a bumper sticker that said "Promote Tolerance"

I'm gonna buy one and paint it black and write "Where are the WMD?"

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
yea, those things are all over the place up here... even my mother has one on her car.
They should have special deal you buy one of these yellow ribbons and you get a yellow livestrong wrist band 1/2 off.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I was just noticing that on the drive to and from Diablo last weekend. Do these people really give a f*ck about the troops, or do they just want to have a pretty yellow sticker on their car like everyone else? Do any of the proceeds from these stickers go to any worthwile cause, or are some geniuses making huge profits from morons who just wanna look like everyone else?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
they are just yellow jesus fish, swimming upstream to spawn.
I'm gonna have my darwin fish with legs come and hump all of them.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Correct me if I wrong, but I thought a yellow ribbon represented someone who had a loved one at war whom they wanted to return safely. If that's true, it would appear we have about 50 million troops out there fighting.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
Correct me if I wrong, but I thought a yellow ribbon represented someone who had a loved one at war whom they wanted to return safely. If that's true, it would appear we have about 50 million troops out there fighting.
Yeah I think the trend during the first Iraq war put that idea to bed. Now it's anybody who is semi patriotic.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Echo said:
Do any of the proceeds from these stickers go to any worthwile cause, or are some geniuses making huge profits from morons who just wanna look like everyone else?
There's a dozen different ones being produced by different companies, and they sure as hell aren't all giving their profits to a worthwhile cause.

J

JRB

You should live near Ft Hood. Oh well, they are better than the SA Spurs flags when I lived in San Antonio.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I'm gonna have my darwin fish with legs come and hump all of them.
Have you seen the fish with "Truth" written in them that are eating the Darwin fish? Kinda funny, kinda pathetic.

J

JRB

And all the trendy phuckers around here have a ridemonkey and a BiKeMoJo sticker on their silver Xterras.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
Have you seen the fish with "Truth" written in them that are eating the Darwin fish? Kinda funny, kinda pathetic.

They are all pathetic. People are stupid. :stupid:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:

IMO, it's fair game :D - I think the Darwin fish is very funny, but in order to expect that we can sport the Darwin fish without harassment, a retalliation should be expected and appreciated!

Hey, at least it's creative...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nice! They should then have a Darwin Dinosaur come and step on the Truth Fish.
Or have the Truth Fish go into a confessional both to repent for his sins of killing another animal.

ghettorigged

lawn dart extraordinare
Apr 8, 2002
Killadelphia
I like the 'fish' that has whiskers and a tail and says CAT on it. It's quite comical since it has nothing to do with any beliefs at all.

As for the troops ribbon magnet, I think it annoys me FURTHER to see them cocked sideways so that the words are level. WTF? :rolleyes:

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
They forgot something on that yellow ribbon... BRING THEM HOME!!!

This war is bull... deaths went over 1000 over the weekend... 800 of those are after Bush declared major combat in Iraq over... still sounds major to me. We have been at war since WW 2. Can't we take a brake for awhile?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dhtahoe said:
They forgot something on that yellow ribbon... BRING THEM HOME!!!

This war is bull... deaths went over 1000 over the weekend... 800 of those are after Bush declared major combat in Iraq over... still sounds major to me. We have been at war since WW 2. Can't we take a brake for awhile?
Two words:

Political. Forum.

:D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dhtahoe said:
Still on subject.... unlike the Darwin fish thing
actually Darwin fish is as much on the subject seeing as how it's on the back of peoples cars as well.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
narlus said:
they are just yellow jesus fish, swimming upstream to spawn.

Don't know what else to say but :thumb:
This is the best socialogical observation of the day.

Now if we could only stop 'em from reproducing. :think:

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
i don't mind the yellow ribbons so much but i get sick of the soccer balls with kids' names on them. or ballet slippers. or baseballs. i got behind a minivan with one of each, i think, and then there must have been one under-achieving child because there was just a handprint with a name on it...poor kid...

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
bigginsis said:
i don't mind the yellow ribbons so much but i get sick of the soccer balls with kids' names on them. or ballet slippers. or baseballs. i got behind a minivan with one of each, i think, and then there must have been one under-achieving child because there was just a handprint with a name on it...poor kid...
What's funny is that was my handprint when I was a kid. Now I work on the worlds fastest propeller driven airplane... go figure.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I saw a sticker last night that said,

"Get the U.S. out...of the United Nations"

I just want to bitch slap the fvcker and remind him that "YeeHaw" is not foreign policy!!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dhtahoe said:
What's funny is that was my handprint when I was a kid. Now I work on the worlds fastest propeller driven airplane... go figure.

I was that kid too. Now I troll ridemonkey all day when I should be working. I just don't understand it. :confused:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
McGRP01 said:
I saw a sticker last night that said,
"Get the U.S. out...of the United Nations"
I just want to bitch slap the fvcker and remind him that "YeeHaw" is not foreign policy!!

I love redneck bumper stickers. I was riding up Mt. Mitchell when a HUGE monster truck came flying by. His bumper sticker said, " My other toy has tits"

That is some funny shiznet right there boy. :mad: Don't you get it!!
He's saying that his truck is a toy and that he has another toy that has boobies..... LAUGH DAMMIT.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:
I was just noticing that on the drive to and from Diablo last weekend. Do these people really give a f*ck about the troops, or do they just want to have a pretty yellow sticker on their car like everyone else? Do any of the proceeds from these stickers go to any worthwile cause, or are some geniuses making huge profits from morons who just wanna look like everyone else?

Who knows...but one of my friends husbands was just shipped off over there and she has one on her car...she's just hoping he'll come back alive...maybe some of these morons have a son, a brother or husband or boyfriend over there. *shrug*

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DVNT said:
I love redneck bumper stickers. I was riding up Mt. Mitchell when a HUGE monster truck came flying by. His bumper sticker said, " My other toy has tits"

That is some funny shiznet right there boy. :mad: Don't you get it!!
He's saying that his truck is a toy and that he has another toy that has boobies..... LAUGH DAMMIT.

I like the Calvin pissing on something the best...I have a Jeep Cherokee...what is the rival auto of the Jeep? I'd like to get a Calvin pissing on that logo for my truck...

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Echo said:
We have one of those yellow, ribbon thingies on our car. I think the war on terror is a load of crap, but my wife's brother is in Afghanistan and I don't see much harm in having it for now.

(It will come off the car as soon as he gets back stateside in October)