Quantcast

New Trend

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
I like the Calvin pissing on something the best...I have a Jeep Cherokee...what is the rival auto of the Jeep? I'd like to get a Calvin pissing on that logo for my truck...
Calving pissing on the ice caps?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
@dh girlie and DNA:

I have no doubt that there are lots of people who have loved ones in Iraq who display the ribbons to support them. And I have no doubt that there are other people who display the ribbons to show their support.

However I also have no doubt that there are lots of people who make and sell those ribbons who don't give a crap about anyone over in Iraq, and are just making a quick buck. And I also have no doubt that there are many people who just put the ribbons on because they want to look like they care. Thus my post.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Bump because this crap'ola is still pissing me off.

You still post and we don't start threads about how much it pisses any of us off. :D

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I got the Satan fish, and a pink ribbon (breast cancer) on my car.

Believe it or not, my wife bought me the pink ribbon and wrote "free breast examinations" on it.

Damn funny wife is what I got.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
DNA said:
We have one of those yellow, ribbon thingies on our car. I think the war on terror is a load of crap, but my wife's brother is in Afghanistan and I don't see much harm in having it for now.
Actually I believe that (I may be wrong, but I dont think so) the war on terror has been going on for a long time now, just after 9/11 is when everyone heard about it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
I was just noticing that on the drive to and from Diablo last weekend. Do these people really give a f*ck about the troops, or do they just want to have a pretty yellow sticker on their car like everyone else? Do any of the proceeds from these stickers go to any worthwile cause, or are some geniuses making huge profits from morons who just wanna look like everyone else?
Funny...I actually asked someone who was selling these if any of the $ goes to the troops and if people were actually buying them because they cared or because they were trendy. The booth I stopped at sold them for $5 and I believe she said that $4 went to the local troops and $1 to making more of them. As for why they're so popular, she didn't comment, but I tend to think it's trendy so that's why people have them.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
TreeSaw said:
Funny...I actually asked someone who was selling these if any of the $ goes to the troops and if people were actually buying them because they cared or because they were trendy. The booth I stopped at sold them for $5 and I believe she said that $4 went to the local troops and $1 to making more of them. As for why they're so popular, she didn't comment, but I tend to think it's trendy so that's why people have them.
It COULD partly be that they're trendy Treesaw yes, but I think it actually has alot to do with people caring about what's going on with people they actually know. Everyone I know either knows someone or knows of someone thats over in the sandbox. With all the reservists being sent off and the Natl. Guard guys, this little war hits close to home for lots of people.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
saw them at the dollar store! Don't be ripped off!!

J

JRB

Why does anyone really care??? Maybe some people really are good and they are showing patriotism and support for our troops. Maybe they really like nascar. Maybe they don't like that we have RM stickers. What does it matter??? Really???

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I saw a I support George W. Bush sticker today on a car, I should make one that looks similar that says Because I am a Brain Dead Moron Just Like Him and place it right below the sticker.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Rip said:
I saw a I support George W. Bush sticker today on a car, I should make one that looks similar that says Because I am a Brain Dead Moron Just Like Him and place it right below the sticker.
Hey RIP.

I support GWB. Am i a braindead moron?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Rip said:
Have you guys seen the:

W
the president

stickers?

It should read:

Wtf?
Your President

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
BurlySurly said:
Hey RIP.

I support GWB. Am i a braindead moron?
No, there is a story behind this. I have a friend here who is a diehard republican who I need to get revenge on for spray painting my windshield white.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
i saw the worst ever car magnet ribbon! it was all colors (not quite the gay pride rainbow) and it said "support cancer research" and actually had this little chart to tell you which color related to what type of cancer.
this has gotten out of hand.

J

JRB

bigginsis said:
i saw the worst ever car magnet ribbon! it was all colors (not quite the gay pride rainbow) and it said "support cancer research" and actually had this little chart to tell you which color related to what type of cancer.

I saw that the other day. It was one of seven and the bitch drove so badly, she needed to be pulled from her car and beaten. Today a guy with one for the troops did the same thing, along with 6 bush stickers or various sorts. I wish I didn't have to be at work, since he needed a beat down as well. People here seem to think they have the freedom to drive however they feel, turning right from left lanes and such, as this ass face did. :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bigginsis said:
I took my mom's off her car.

I love how the Muslims at the gas stations sell them.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
According to one ancient story, when a Christian met a stranger in the road, the Christian sometimes drew one arc of the simple fish outline in the dirt.

If the stranger drew the other arc, both believers knew they were in good company.

Current bumper-sticker and business-card uses of the fish hearken back to this practice.

i had to look it up.
it is great we are not still persecuted for our religion.
i support our troop but "....am not wheeering da wreeebon!"