Quantcast

New Troy Lee Paint for Fairclough and Hill

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009
tld lead.jpg
Sam and Brendan are on different teams now, but one of their common sponsors is still Troy Lee Designs. With the 2012 season coming to an abrupt start this weekend, here's a look at the lids that Sam and Brendog will be running thanks to Bike Magazine.
---

Courtesy of Bike Magazine

IMG_9407.jpg

Yeah, we know you’ve seen photos of these helmets elsewhere, but look again.

Pro riders receive new stuff all the time. New bikes, parts, clothing and other assorted schwag flow from the Brown Santa’s truck in such large quantities that the novelty of ‘new’ is often lost. Another new bike? Big deal. A box of chains? Whoopee.

It is a completely different thing altogether when Troy Lee, the master of helmet-personality himself, takes an interest in your lid. A custom-painted helmet that he has dreamed up is a one-of-a-kind bit of awesomeness that—even for the world’s fastest racers—is like the coolest Christmas present a pro could ever get. It’s a piece of wearable artwork that makes guys like Sam Hill and Brendan Fairclough even that much more special.

And would you like to know the proper way to treat one of these beauties? The first thing many riders do when receiving a freshly painted lid is to drop it on the ground. This first ‘scratch’ is believed by many to be the good-luck ritual that wards off crashing.

Here are the helmets that Brendan Fariclough and Sam Hill will be running this year:

Fairclough

IMG_9416.jpg

IMG_9407.jpg

Hill

IMG_9466.jpg

IMG_9449.jpg

IMG_9430.jpg

IMG_9396.jpg

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248967&p=3765907#post3765907[/fblike]

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
i'd say the same about faircloughs, no monster logo and that thing would be worth the pricetag on those D3s ;)

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Can;t say I think Sam's looks anything special from the pics.

Brendan's looks OK, though not too dissimilar to the "Zap" ones this year.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
For the comments on the M's:

Brendans helmet is just our stock yellow ZAP carbon D3 in yellow.

Sam's, well, perhaps this could be a signature lid in the future, sans M's???

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
stik, is there any way to replace that plastic molding on the D3? my black pinstripe could use that yellow from the zap....
I'd love to know this too, but not for aesthetics. Mine's broken, though the rest of the lid is still fine. Now I gotta ditch an expensive lid just for that bit of plastic?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Curious as to why a stock pre-painted lid was used for Brendog?

I'm spoiled by TLD and their outrageous from the ground up top pro lids that have come out over the years. This may be the first one I've ever seen TLD cover up a stock helmet.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
We sell helmets, our stock designs more than custom paint...and that helmet goes with Brendans neon yellow SE PRO kit. Wanted to show what you can do with a stock design. Was just a fun little project, Brendan wanted to do it, so there it is...don't read too much into it.

FYI, just sent this off to Cam Zink yesterday
https://twitter.com/#!/stikmanglaspell/status/180150972201447424/photo/1/large

Curious as to why a stock pre-painted lid was used for Brendog?

I'm spoiled by TLD and their outrageous from the ground up top pro lids that have come out over the years. This may be the first one I've ever seen TLD cover up a stock helmet.