Quantcast

New type of tubeless sealant

EVRAC

Monkey
Jun 21, 2004
Port Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
I've been having good luck with the ghetto tubeless setup, but I'm thinking of trying this new sealant. The reviews are great, although none are really for downhill.

The main difference between this and stan's is that this "bubbles" up so that it fills the inside of the tube and has more of a chance at finding and sealing any leaks.

Links:
http://www.effettomariposa.com/
http://www.cantitoeroad.com/

Also, no ammonia, so it is safe for all rims and tires, and it is supposed to stay liquid longer.

Thoughts?

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
Like arts & crafts glitter? The only problems i have with stanz are if the bead got bent (never got it to seal) and dents in the rim (leaks air)

do the "bubbles" create an increased psi? it seems like it would. Thereby requiring a lower initial psi. Doesn't rolling resistance create heat and slightly increase psi while riding? LIke a car tire. You're supposed check and fill your car tires cold as to avoid a blow out due to excessive psi.

Just a thought

EVRAC

Monkey
Jun 21, 2004
Port Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
do the "bubbles" create an increased psi? it seems like it would. Thereby requiring a lower initial psi. Doesn't rolling resistance create heat and slightly increase psi while riding? LIke a car tire. You're supposed check and fill your car tires cold as to avoid a blow out due to excessive psi.

Just a thought
No, it's not like carbonated soda pop, more like dish soap. This bubbling does not increase pressure.
I'm not sure what the heating effect on psi would be, but I'd guess less than 1 psi.

As far as glitter goes, that's actually not a bad idea. I've also heard of someone grinding up a piece of tube to make rubber-dust, and using that. I wonder if there is a commercially available rubber powder that would work better.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I've been running the Caffe-latex in my cross tubulars and xc bike with very good results compared to Stans.