Quantcast

NEW TYRE :: Halo Choirmaster 29er

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I could help you out by riding them! :biggrin:

They look to be a more rounded profile with the side knobs coming around the side a fair bit.

Are these coming to the U.S. anytime soon?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
It looks like it would roll pretty damned fast yet still provide solid cornering traction.

Thanks for sharing that news - now hopefully they'll become another viable option over here in the States.

Heal up that Shoulder Brant - looks like when you get back on the bike you'll probably want a suspension fork up front eh?

Cheers,
Mark

brant

Chimp
Nov 15, 2001
Well, tyres now fitted to ace new team bike that I'll be posting pics of later. It's our rider Richpips new race bike, with a pretty unique position. He rides offroad fixie. More later.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Woah! is that the future iteration of the Scandal right there?

what's the seat tube angle on that frame?

The tires do look good, but let's hear more from you about that frame right there.

Looks to be designed in the UK but if looks don't deceive me it would be amazing for New England trails!

Sign me up for one! ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That's sick looking!

How much shorter are the chainstays compared to the current Scandals and Inbreds?

And will you experiment with going even slightly shorter???

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm currently riding an 18" Inbred at 5'9" and I love it, but I still can't help but wonder how a 16" would feel as I'm used to bikes with shorter TTs.

I gotta post to see if anyone local has a 16" frame around these parts as I know there are a few CT riders on Inbreds.

Cheers,

Mark

richpips

Chimp
Jun 6, 2007
Having ridden a pair of Choirmasters I can report that they are neat tyres. Dry loose granite and gritstone/coarse sandstone with some bouldery stuff thrown in, they do as the are told, no squirming, and of course the tyres volume even at highish pressures gives a bit of cushioning. I actually swapped the rear for a Kenda Small Block 8 this weekend as I needed a little less grip in the corners.