Quantcast

New Wheels on the Block

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
more stout rear makes sense on paper.

then again, crank brothers ...... :panic:
Yeah, nothing out of the ordinary here, I've been doing this for years. If carbon company offers an "AM" layup and an "XC" layup, put XC on the front, or go 28 spokes up front with 32 rear, or slightly stronger spokes in the rear and lasers/revolutions for compliance and weight in the front. The front sees less abuse and stress so there's no good reason IME to build the front at the same "strength" as the rear. Of course, this can now be turned into the newest latest and greatest thing that everyone can now take advantage of...

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
Here is the other reason why I posted this. Jason and DW have something coming out together. Poke around and see who is working for them. Kinda of interested to see what they launch.

https://trustperformance.com/pages/inside-trust

The new CB stuff has been way better than the old stuff and they know they had to better. That's why they brought Jason on board. It was to make sure the stuff they made did not self destruct once you got it out of the package. I have been running a Highline post for over 2 years without any issues. The old stuff was packaged great it looked great but would explode faster than a Ford Pinto.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
NOBL wheels have been offering to build stronger rear wheels when ordering a full wheelset. Makes perfect sense really.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yeah, nothing out of the ordinary here, I've been doing this for years. If carbon company offers an "AM" layup and an "XC" layup, put XC on the front, or go 28 spokes up front with 32 rear, or slightly stronger spokes in the rear and lasers/revolutions for compliance and weight in the front. The front sees less abuse and stress so there's no good reason IME to build the front at the same "strength" as the rear. Of course, this can now be turned into the newest latest and greatest thing that everyone can now take advantage of...
I did the same with my LB rims on my RFX.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Here is the other reason why I posted this. Jason and DW have something coming out together. Poke around and see who is working for them. Kinda of interested to see what they launch.

The new CB stuff has been way better than the old stuff and they know they had to better. That's why they brought Jason on board. It was to make sure the stuff they made did not self destruct once you got it out of the package. I have been running a Highline post for over 2 years without any issues. The old stuff was packaged great it looked great but would explode faster than a Ford Pinto.
I TRUST i'm going to need deep pockets for whatever they come out with. Not sure if it's a good sign they have a well built webpage and apparel before any actual products, or a bad one...

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

That company has quite a roster

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
That company has quite a roster
indeed. details are pretty tight. who's got some intel? must be something pretty special if dw is jumping into startup mode rather than his standard routine of licensing out design(s). obfuscated chitchat seems to allude to a new suspension platform. a couple guys have moto backgrounds, and he's done lots of moto chassis design; maybe he's jumping on the ebike bandwagon.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
indeed. details are pretty tight. who's got some intel? must be something pretty special if dw is jumping into startup mode rather than his standard routine of licensing out design(s). obfuscated chitchat seems to allude to a new suspension platform. a couple guys have moto backgrounds. and he's done lots of moto chassis design; maybe he's jumping on the ebike bandwagon.
the last suspension project that has his name on it (Orion) was originally intended for moto.

https://bikerumor.com/2018/08/17/esker-cycles-first-w-weagles-orion-suspension-on-all-new-150mm-elkat-mountain-bike/