Quantcast

new wheelset for the spring

snoopz666

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
now residing in kamloops
so my rear hub is almost dead so i decided why not get a whole new wheelset just for the hell of it.

i wanted to get king but i need a 150 mm rear hub so thats out :rolleyes: .

right now im planning on getting a hadley 150x12mm gold dh rear hub and a gold front hub laced to gold alex supra d hoops. im not sure what spokes i want to use, id like to get black spokes, but im not sure what ones, i was look at dt swiss alpineIII spokes and they were too expensive i think 2$CDN a spoke.

so what do you think about the spokes. and any suggestions are welcome for the rest.

oh and btw who thinks this would look sexy on a all black bike with hope mono6ti brakes :heart:

MDBullit

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
Bethesda, MD
whatever you do, use brass. Aluminum isn't really well suited for DH wheels. As for the prolock/hex etc, i have no idea. I just buy nipples from dans comp :)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yes, aluminum nipples strip out. They suck for DH. Use DT or Wheelsmith spokes. I would recommend DT Super-comps (I'm pretty sure that's what they're called)

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i have always used alloy nips and never had a problem on all my bikes. i run dtswiis revos or comps to for strength to weight ratio

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
My experience is that they strip out easily while truing wheels. I agree, DT spokes are the best. I'm going to try Revolutions on my new F wheel.