Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
That rear end design doesnt help, like how foes on older bikes that had triangulated single pivot rear ends knew a stiffening link was necessary up top, even though it didnt add progression (but probably should have been designed to do that too). Not as bad as the high-mast single pivots like santa cruz and others, but not great either. Not sure if simply using a stiffer material like steel overcomes this.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah, a 130 38 would be a little ridiculous. And not possible.
But with a Mezzer it is and you don't have to buy any extra bits, it's like the lizards had a day off.

That rear end design doesnt help, like how foes on older bikes that had triangulated single pivot rear ends knew a stiffening link was necessary up top, even though it didnt add progression (but probably should have been designed to do that too). Not as bad as the high-mast single pivots like santa cruz and others, but not great either. Not sure if simply using a stiffer material like steel overcomes this.
Thus far I haven't pushed the bike hard and the only back end weirdness I have noticed is coming from the Conti tire, seems to need an easy 5Psi or so more than a DH cased Minion.

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
But with a Mezzer it is and you don't have to buy any extra bits, it's like the lizards had a day off.

Thus far I haven't pushed the bike hard and the only back end weirdness I have noticed is coming from the Conti tire, seems to need an easy 5Psi or so more than a DH cased Minion.
what about instead of a whole new frame, have them do a new moar stifferer front triangle?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
what about instead of a whole new frame, have them do a new moar stifferer front triangle?
I should just do the sensible thing and lose weight, I can't afford another frame and because I had the frame made for an AXS dropper and have no tabs for a mech cable I limited the ease of resale.
A swap for a used G13 would be ideal.

I need to buy a new HT frame, a long travel 650b frame with a ~66deg HA so I can mullet it and run 120mm is what I want.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've got two brand new Eagle shifters sitting on a shelf I should sell before they invent 13 speed...

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
@bullcrew have you heard when Runts will be available for the '23 Zebs? That's what I'm putting on my next bike. I really like that style air chamber on my EXT (as opposed to volume tokens) but want the stiffness of the Zeb.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
@bullcrew have you heard when Runts will be available for the '23 Zebs? That's what I'm putting on my next bike. I really like that style air chamber on my EXT (as opposed to volume tokens) but want the stiffness of the Zeb.

I haven't I'm waiting on another one myself I know he's having. Some stuff done locally andor sourcing another shop fsome stuff

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
2009 V8 Manual, stassis exhaust, and suspension. I got the worlds best deal on Bat!
very nice. I haven't looked at BaT yet but safe to assume this frame isn't cracked?

edit: pls tell me this is the same one :drool:

edit #2: looks like it is. NICE! those are such beautiful cars. they look fast standing still.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
very nice. I haven't looked at BaT yet but safe to assume this frame isn't cracked?

edit: pls tell me this is the same one :drool:

edit #2: looks like it is. NICE! those are such beautiful cars. they look fast standing still.
LOL yep you found the one. It was pretty much a dream spec for me w/ those brown seats and added carbon/leather. I was driving the hell out of it all weekend, my god.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I am torn on this one. Locally they put so much salt down on the roads I don't know i can bring myself to do it. If we didn't salt I would totally be driving it in the winter.
Is there any steel on it?

But then I guess there is all the other rubber stuff and whatnot too - for a car with that age and I'm guessing it doesn't have crazy high mileage?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Is there any steel on it?

But then I guess there is all the other rubber stuff and whatnot too - for a car with that age and I'm guessing it doesn't have crazy high mileage?
22k so no. One of the reasons I wanted this thing was that it's def a car you can basically DD and put tons of miles on if you want. Very serviceable through my local Audi dealer etc. As for steel, yeah there is def steel all through the car...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
22k so no. One of the reasons I wanted this thing was that it's def a car you can basically DD and put tons of miles on if you want. Very serviceable through my local Audi dealer etc. As for steel, yeah there is def steel all through the car...
For some reason I thought they were most aluminum.

I still say grab a set of winter tires and go for it. :busted: I remember perhaps Motor Trend way back in the day saying they had one for a few days, but it just so happened to snow during that time. And they loved it, it did well.

But yeah sweet car and that one with the blacked out blade thing on the side looks nice - was never a fan of those being different colours. I drove one in Vegas way way back and the brakes on it....god damn, I was not expecting that.