Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Blingy Freedom Coast levers for closer reach on the TRP Evos and my dedication to Sparkle Motion. Also swapped out the 500 lb spring for a 450, rear suspension feels amazing now.

View attachment 194403
Westy,did you need a press tool like my old Hays I still have to pop out the main bolt? Or do they no longer require the tool these days? I am behind,as I was not aware of the new Reeb? That is the 150? Some more shots?

Avy

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Yep, that's my SS Magic Mary on there. @buckoW when you'll be done riding Neko's bike, you can ship the parts back to me please? If you don't remember my address, just send me a PM. Cheers buddy!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Westy,did you need a press tool like my old Hays I still have to pop out the main bolt? Or do they no longer require the tool these days? I am behind,as I was not aware of the new Reeb? That is the 150? Some more shots?

Avy
A press? I own hammers.

Tappy tap tap.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
A press? I own hammers.

Tappy tap tap.
Really though Brother,is there a tool for the job? I understand tap her,just wondering if things are the same these days. Which got me thinkin. Would my old Hayes Tool work for other Models Today? I Must Know!

It is one of those tools you only use 1Time. Wonderful if you need it. I’m out.

Avy

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I used to want one of those or the LTS Mono so much when I was a grom. On my third ever DH race the kid behind me had a Weasel and I assumed "expensive bike - must be fast" so I panic sprinted my whole race run to avoid being passed and ended up with a podium.
Where I raced a person in the category before me had a Jedi, I had to ask for a two minute gap and I was on a hardtail.
Would have sold my soul for their Jedi, fuck it was awesome.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I can only relate to the titanium Flite sadle on this bike :busted:
I was mostly interested in XC in 1996. But the Sunn Radical was something I remember
p3pb15934995.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Bottle dropper version the 2nd.
20230529_154058.jpg

The big bolt holding the UDH can double as an emergency shock mount bolt.
20230529_154104.jpg

This setup has me good for 1.5-2 hours. Longer rides vary. Once it gets too hot/humid or nasty cold/wet, the various bumbags/packs get used.
20230529_170924.jpg

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
There are many things I don't regret from leaving the bike industry.
But one thing I do miss & regret leaving behind was my relationship with Orbea bicycles.
They make the most absolutely fun & fast bikes I've ever had the good fortune to swing a leg over.
The back up, support & products were always in a league of their own for me.
Thankfully they still like me, & so yesterday my new bike was dispatched to me from the factory in Mallabia España.
I'm getting the 750wh battery version of one of these!

Hope to build it up with a few nice lil upgrades like TRP EVO DH brakes in gold & Galfer 2.0 rotors, DVO coil shock and Zeb Ultimates, Vee FlowSnap DH tires, cushcore, Chromag bars, PNW XL Loam grips...... Might also fit a 170mm PNW Loam post I have still sitting in a box?

N686TTCC-VI-SIDE-WILD_H20_2_gris.jpg

People really should check out the new review on these things on pinkbike.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There are many things I don't regret from leaving the bike industry.
But one thing I do miss & regret leaving behind was my relationship with Orbea bicycles.
They make the most absolutely fun & fast bikes I've ever had the good fortune to swing a leg over.
The back up, support & products were always in a league of their own for me.
Thankfully they still like me, & so yesterday my new bike was dispatched to me from the factory in Mallabia España.
I'm getting the 750wh battery version of one of these!

Hope to build it up with a few nice lil upgrades like TRP EVO DH brakes in gold & Galfer 2.0 rotors, DVO coil shock and Zeb Ultimates, Vee FlowSnap DH tires, cushcore, Chromag bars, PNW XL Loam grips...... Might also fit a 170mm PNW Loam post I have still sitting in a box?

View attachment 194463

People really should check out the new review on these things on pinkbike.
1685415987492.png

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
How are you liking the frame? I'm considering the new metal version of the tyee in 27.5.
I like it a lot. Coming from a Commencal Meta TR29 (the prior generation) It feels faster, and is much more poppy/playful vs. the just super planted feel of the Commencal. Which wasn't bad, but I prefer this for the mix of short up/down and techy rock jumbles of my local riding.
The back end is for sure flexier than the Commencal, but I'm not minding it.

Would assume the Tyee is a bit more stout, considering it's intended purpose.

LAP

Chimp
Mar 5, 2016
I’ve been on one for the last few months. Haven’t noticed any more flex than my last bike, Vitus Sommet. I am really, really digging the Tyee and a trail/huck/shuttle bike. Besides the under BB cable routing, I have zero complaints.
Very nice, thank you. What shock do you have on it?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Gnarvana and Megatrail stays for testing on the GG. 38 factory for the e-bike. Wallet/keys/phone bag for the DH bike.

View attachment 194161
Did you get the .8 or 1.2 frame bag? How's it fit and what's the sizing like?

I'm normally carrying phone, car key and cards on me, wife normally has to carry stans dart and CO2 inflator when we're on the DH bikes. I like the idea of a small bag where I can just have everything in that rather than on our persons.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

I'm normally carrying phone, car key and cards on me, wife normally has to carry stans dart and CO2 inflator when we're on the DH bikes. I like the idea of a small bag where I can just have everything in that rather than on our persons.
She put a stans dart thing in her pocket? Man I would not want to fall on that... :panic:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
She put a stans dart thing in her pocket? Man I would not want to fall on that... :panic:
Has the dart, a CO2 cart. and inflator head all in a thick little leather purse thing. But yeah, I don't want to fall onto phone and car keys either.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Has the dart, a CO2 cart. and inflator head all in a thick little leather purse thing. But yeah, I don't want to fall onto phone and car keys either.
At least a phone will offer some protection from pointy bits. But I guess that benefit might be offset if the battery is compromised. :D

I have a dart thing, but its such an awkward big shape, I have no easy way to put it on my bike. I need to fix my Lab Austere fanny pack so it can go in there.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California

I started with a 1.2 and then returned it for the .8. 1.2 didn't fit in my frame with water bottle and shock taken into account. The small/.8 just fits my wallet, keys, phone (standard size iphone - not a max) and a multi-tool.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
If using a One-Up EDC pump, you can modify some bits.
20230531_143925.jpg
20230531_143933.jpg
20230531_144214.jpg

This is for the goes on every bike packless setup.
20230531_144321.jpg

Keys/phone/etc. in pockets, back of jersey or small frame bag.
Race Face Stash tank is very handy. All this and big h2o bottle has me good for ~ 2 hours depending on weather.

Lab Austere bum bag -> Camelbak Repack LR4 -> Osprey Raptor6 -> Osprey Raptor14
For longer/hotter/colder times.