Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
how do the supacrush compare to the knuckleduster (which is my current grip of choice)
Oh, I have those grips too, I hate them, the little ribs fold over and they just feel like a hard grip.
The Supracush is completely different, it's a really sawft grippy but springy(not dead feeling) rubber.
Took quite a bit longer for my hands to numb up compare to all the others.
1000017426.gif

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No it has a retainer cup that it sits in and it doesn't work with the spring and sleeves on , it has an inner chamber it sits in on bottom underneath the metal sleeve...I have a email to Craig to verify the lower...
I have the pictures of the two setups, the one on top and the one on the bottom, on my phone, but my Lyrik cart had it at the top, the cup was near the blue jam-nut thing, the cone was at the top of the cart. In my older setup, the cup n cone were at the bottom of the cart, but fairly obvious still if you know what you are looking for.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I have the pictures of the two setups, the one on top and the one on the bottom, on my phone, but my Lyrik cart had it at the top, the cup was near the blue jam-nut thing, the cone was at the top of the cart. In my older setup, the cup n cone were at the bottom of the cart, but fairly obvious still if you know what you are looking for.
Yeah it goes into it and sits at bottom.it retricts flow as it slams past last holes down there and it's a slighlty conical shape...
I've got a couple of the cups in a box around here as well...from his original and the pre release versions ...one of the few things that I've kept lol ..

Yeah the lower metal tube has holes for the open bath to circulate,it fits tight against the lower internal and has a reduced area inside...that's what I need to ask Craig about in it...to see if it's doing that, I can't imagine he would design it and not utilize the material there it sits in...
I emailed him , I'll just call him tomorrow.

Here's a pic from 2010 the cup is circled
Being it sits in that to restrict last flow the spring sleeve on this does the exact same thing and is sealed at bottom so it could mimic this exactly ..
Screenshot_20240613_225415_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
My issue is I have NO fox on my bikes so I was thinking to have Mike make me a foot but and top cap like he did for his dorado for this to fit in my Ohlins dh38...he already has the internal mounting etc and is making knobs for the comp and rebound...

Just need to mic the OD and check it against the ID of the ohlins

Either way I ordered the ohlins spring conversion for the fork too.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah it goes into it and sits at bottom.it retricts flow as it slams past last holes down there and it's a slighlty conical shape...
I've got a couple of the cups in a box around here as well...from his original and the pre release versions ...one of the few things that I've kept lol ..

Yeah the lower metal tube has holes for the open bath to circulate,it fits tight against the lower internal and has a reduced area inside...that's what I need to ask Craig about in it...to see if it's doing that, I can't imagine he would design it and not utilize the material there it sits in...
I emailed him , I'll just call him tomorrow.

Here's a pic from 2010 the cup is circled
Being it sits in that to restrict last flow the spring sleeve on this does the exact same thing and is sealed at bottom so it could mimic this exactly ..View attachment 213322
Yeah, that looks familiar

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah, that looks familiar
A little too anxious waiting on air cart and new lower csu...I want to run this thing now that park season is open...I want black lowers though...I had these sitting around...I am not a orange or kashima fan at all... definitely not the new gold either...

Besides the small amount it adds to v-10 is perfect since I'm trying to add a lb or 2.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
how do the supacrush compare to the knuckleduster (which is my current grip of choice)
The Knuckledusters are my current favorite too, with the Ergon GE1 slim. I have tried the Supracush for a few rides, but found them too big for my hands. Because of the ribs, the Knuckledusters have the most "effective cushion" of the two IMO, but the Supracush are cushy, just in a different way. The Ergons have a more direct feel, which is alright on my FS bike, but I prefer the Deitys on my hardtail.

Maybe I should give the Supracush another try...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Knuckledusters are my current favorite too, with the Ergon GE1 slim. I have tried the Supracush for a few rides, but found them too big for my hands. Because of the ribs, the Knuckledusters have the most "effective cushion" of the two IMO, but the Supracush are cushy, just in a different way. The Ergons have a more direct feel, which is alright on my FS bike, but I prefer the Deitys on my hardtail.

Maybe I should give the Supracush another try...
the difference in diameter is 2mm, so not huge. i'd expect some of that is offset by the softer material. since i already have a set of deity clamps i'd just need the grip body, so it'd be an inexpensive experiment. just holding off on placing another order with them until the 42mm length copperhead stem becomes available.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The Knuckledusters are my current favorite too, with the Ergon GE1 slim.
I went from trying some thick grips, including the Knuckledusters but am now on the Ergon GE1 slim. The girlfriend got me the Ergon grips last year for Christmas, but didn't realize they were the slim ones.

I was hesitant to try them out, because thicker is better right? Right?? But they've been great over the last 9 months, have had zero hand issues.

The only time I think the slim grips might falter is when its super wet out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Why? I'm not normally one for looks but I can't stand the gap-
View attachment 213325

Do you need a low stack height stem?
gap is barely visible with a black stem and black bars.

i have the 35mm length on my enduro bike, but i want something a touch longer for my new trail bike, but 50mm is too long.

and yes, i do need the low stack. it helps that i like the stem too.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

i have the 35mm length on my enduro bike, but i want something a touch longer for my new trail bike, but 50mm is too long.
Yeah fair call, I did the same on my hardtail, went from a 35mm NSB Overlord to a 40mm Profile Helm.

EDIT- Neither of these stems have a gap, they are also quite tall to reduce spacer usage and they are stiff as hell, both great.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
You goddamned well know Seth likes to look underneath people's stems.

At least as a saddle fitter he has combined both personal pleasure and professional goals.
i must sadly inform you that i just have a sensor mat hooked up to a computer to see if it is a fitting saddle or not, no need to carefully inspect any stems or bottoms for that. get your mind out of the gutter sir.

1718391304191.jpeg

1718391354689.jpeg

i‘d like to have such a nice desk though, i only have a standing desk :/

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i must sadly inform you that i just have a sensor mat hooked up to a computer to see if it is a fitting saddle or not, no need to carefully inspect any stems or bottoms for that. get your mind out of the gutter sir.

View attachment 213340

View attachment 213341

i‘d like to have such a nice desk though, i only have a standing desk :/

That is exactly what you should tell the customers as you lust over their coccyx.

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

and yes, i do need the low stack. it helps that i like the stem too.
If you're after "in-between" stem sizes both Burgtec and OneUp do a 42mm stem. I've got the Burgtec on my Smuggler and its robust and decent looking.

I've got the Chromag Riza on my other bike as it is available in 45mm.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you're after "in-between" stem sizes both Burgtec and OneUp do a 42mm stem. I've got the Burgtec on my Smuggler and its robust and decent looking.

I've got the Chromag Riza on my other bike as it is available in 45mm.
definitely nice stems, but more stack height than i can run on the pistola

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
the difference in diameter is 2mm, so not huge. i'd expect some of that is offset by the softer material. since i already have a set of deity clamps i'd just need the grip body, so it'd be an inexpensive experiment. just holding off on placing another order with them until the 42mm length copperhead stem becomes available.
Have you tried the Deity Lockjaws and Deathgrips as well?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah fair call, I did the same on my hardtail, went from a 35mm NSB Overlord to a 40mm Profile Helm.

EDIT- Neither of these stems have a gap, they are also quite tall to reduce spacer usage and they are stiff as hell, both great.
Cycling back to this, what'd you do with the NSB stem?

That thing ain't cheap and could use a home. Asking for a friend.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Cycling back to this, what'd you do with the NSB stem?

That thing ain't cheap and could use a home. Asking for a friend.
I just swapped them between bikes, made the reach about the same for both.

The helm is the better finished of the two stems.