Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just snagged a 2021 DPX2 Factory to replace my 2013 Float CTD.

Probably about April before I get to test it out :shakefist:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This mowing thing sounds a bit like the kid thing you all talk about.

Glad to have abstained from both.
Ha! Have reduced my lawn by about 1/4 every year for the last two years. The yard looks amazing as a result and the biodiversity has increased dramatically. It's buzzing with bees and all manner of flying insects all year. This year we even had grasshoppers! Looking forward to doing another 1/4 next year! And maybe the year after, I'll be able to retire my mechanical push mower.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ha! Have reduced my lawn by about 1/4 every year for the last two years. The yard looks amazing as a result and the biodiversity has increased dramatically. It's buzzing with bees and all manner of flying insects all year. This year we even had grasshoppers! Looking forward to doing another 1/4 next year! And maybe the year after, I'll be able to retire my mechanical push mower.
This summer I discovered a healthy bee colony where I compost my lawn clippings

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The kind which are yellow, mean, and sting multiple times? I find those many times a summer myself. Should we re-name this thread the dependable lawn care thread?
no, just regular bumble bees. i was pulling compost for my garden and unearthed them, i was lucky i didn't get lit up as a few dozen appeared in a timespan of maybe 5 seconds. there was a good sized queen, so i let them bee.

1608134114497.png

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Boostin‘, how are all of your maladies?
Healed?
Healed as its gonna get! My hand is pretty good these days. Now I need time to ride! I've got to clean out the garage before we move so I have been listing crap on ebay in the hope I can raise funds for this bike and get rid of stuff so there's less to move.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Healed as its gonna get! My hand is pretty good these days. Now I need time to ride! I've got to clean out the garage before we move so I have been listing crap on ebay in the hope I can raise funds for this bike and get rid of stuff so there's less to move.
Moving? Didn't you just buy a house?