Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New rotors (upped the rear to 203 to help control my fatass), pads, tires and rebuilt front wheel with new rim.

Got on the Assguy and Aggressor combo. Feels good so far, no complaints compared to DHR2 front and rear.

Felt the front rim ping a rock twenty seconds off the lift today; great start, tubby. :busted:

To be recieved/mounted are new grips, new chain guide plastic thing, new chain* and a 170mm Zeb.

*could only find a 12 speed Shimano chain in stock. Will try it with a Sram quick link, hopefully no funny sounds or issues with the sram parts.

Also got a rebuild kit for the OneUp post, need to do that as well. Finding spare time is hard mid summer...

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
New rotors (upped the rear to 203 to help control my fatass), pads, tires and rebuilt front wheel with new rim.

Got on the Assguy and Aggressor combo. Feels good so far, no complaints compared to DHR2 front and rear.

Felt the front rim ping a rock twenty seconds off the lift today; great start, tubby. :busted:

To be recieved/mounted are new grips, new chain guide plastic thing, new chain* and a 170mm Zeb.

*could only find a 12 speed Shimano chain in stock. Will try it with a Sram quick link, hopefully no funny sounds or issues with the sram parts.

Also got a rebuild kit for the OneUp post, need to do that as well. Finding spare time is hard mid summer...
I've got a lightly used SRAM 12 speed chain, like 2 rides. If it is the right length I can try to get it across the border to you.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Spokes finally came so I'm now mulleted, the bike feels less fun but it does get hung up less and I need all the help I can get at the moment, if I get some pace up I might go back to a 650b front wheel.
I have five short rides on the fork so far and it already has a bit of bushing movement, the box said made in 2021 but the casting said 2019 so maybe I got an older sloppy lower.
20210726_150606.jpg

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Those look like fun! You do the King of the Hammers?
We aren’t allowed to even put tires bigger on a truck here.
Raced off road trucks never did ultra 4...been up back door and about every trail at hammers though... Lol

Forest at sand hollow another spot to get down
Me over sideways rock kept us from rolling back down
20210726_195341.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-203900_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Raced off road trucks never did ultra 4...been up back door and about every trail at hammers though... Lol

Forest at sand hollow another spot to get down
Me over sideways rock kept us from rolling back down
View attachment 162684View attachment 162685
Wow! That’s so gnarly! I like the dual moto rack.

I just go shuttling and trail building mostly with my truck but since we live in the mountains it’s pretty practical for a lot of what we do. Here’s a photo from yesterday putting up some trail signs.

8307BAA0-2AF7-4401-8D34-C68B481306D8.jpeg

And a few others.

4292398F-E2CA-486F-82DA-2B5C03094CF0.jpeg
C6DC6C1E-088C-44F7-9796-0BC16AC9CCBC.jpeg
C037013C-E981-4BC3-BFD8-73E09753645A.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Wow! That’s so gnarly! I like the dual moto rack.

I just go shuttling and trail building mostly with my truck but since we live in the mountains it’s pretty practical for a lot of what we do. Here’s a photo from yesterday putting up some trail signs.

View attachment 162686
And a few others.

View attachment 162688View attachment 162689View attachment 162694
That thing is really cool...I'm low key right now as far as my truck...use it for daily and camping...but that rig of yours and diesel is spot on...like a modern fj60 with the right fuel....

Love those shots

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New fork arrived. Will test tomorrow. Also replaced the grips and chain guide plastic stuff. Still need to do the chain.

Zeb feels lighter than the DVO Diamond. A buddy with a Diamond also ditched his this week after finding a Fox 36 in stock. Different, but similar issues...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
New fork arrived. Will test tomorrow. Also replaced the grips and chain guide plastic stuff. Still need to do the chain.

Zeb feels lighter than the DVO Diamond. A buddy with a Diamond also ditched his this week after finding a Fox 36 in stock. Different, but similar issues...
Looked at those alot, was that or a 38...but then a 36 popped up lol...I like them too..
I want to ride a zeb, heard a TON of great things about em...

Good looking ride....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Hey! Me too!
1627480800594.png

Except I have to wait for the stupid boost kit to arrive before I can swap forks. :(
1627480673046.png

how does it take a day and a half to make its way through the facility?! Don't they know I have a fancy new bauble that needs to be played with?!

Also a new rim and rubber. I now have a specialized spank wheel. :think: and a new derailleur cable. to replace the one that snapped on the last ride.

when the fork goes on, I will also have a new Chromag Fubar to put on as well. After watching my buddy snap his carbon bar a few weeks back, I felt it was time to replace mine after 3 seasons on it.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
No, it still wants to wheelie. I sold that bike and I’m getting a friend to make another steel front triangle for a Gambler rear end with geo that I think will be good for this.
Why not just go directly for an electric motorcycle? Like Cake or sur-ron

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hey! Me too!
View attachment 162741
Except I have to wait for the stupid boost kit to arrive before I can swap forks. :(
View attachment 162740
how does it take a day and a half to make its way through the facility?! Don't they know I have a fancy new bauble that needs to be played with?!

Also a new rim and rubber. I now have a specialized spank wheel. :think: and a new derailleur cable. to replace the one that snapped on the last ride.

when the fork goes on, I will also have a new Chromag Fubar to put on as well. After watching my buddy snap his carbon bar a few weeks back, I felt it was time to replace mine after 3 seasons on it.
Nice! Fox 36?

My shock did the same bouncing around and mumbo jumbo as that last year. Hopefully yours doesn't go mia for two months like mine did...