Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The Mullet is getting a refresh. I killed the 11 speed with a rock so its onto 12 speed. 4pot Shigura F/R was possible with scrounging some m8100 brake levers and sending the front caliper off my gravel bike to the back of the Mullet. Microspline needs were met with a Hadley/WAO Union mixed wheelset. I wrapped them in some DD 2.5wt High Rollers to really set the mood.

Resized_20221115_092258.jpeg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The Mullet is getting a refresh. I killed the 11 speed with a rock so its onto 12 speed. 4pot Shigura F/R was possible with scrounging some m8100 brake levers and sending the front caliper off my gravel bike to the back of the Mullet. Microspline needs were met with a Hadley/WAO Union mixed wheelset. I wrapped them in some DD 2.5wt High Rollers to really set the mood.

View attachment 185217
My new Hadley hub wasn't adjusted properly for preload and the freehub skips occasionally so I'm going to have to pull it apart to have a look, yay.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mike is the owner of the company I got mine. good price and he lets all parts sit and Mics em to make sure they are exact.
250-826-4235View attachment 185216
Yep! I have a set from Mike incoming, too.
from craig, hes backed up so Im prepping now and tuning the damper to get it dialed. going to slap it in the 38.air and coil. Craig has a plan he called the other day and went over some stuff..
Ah, I see. I have 7 more weeks to wait (if things go well).
What's the company called?
You can also find him on Pinkbike, search for bushing burnishing tool in the Classified.
https://instagram.com/blueliquidlabs?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
@HAB This guy can make whatever size you want.
I got mine from Ohlins and Fox.
Perhaps he does not sell them anymore? The bushing tool is no longer on his site, and some people on empty beer were complaining about him not responding to emails recently.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Is there a coil on both sides with this one?

CRCONCEPTION had something similar with both damper and coil in one leg. The other leg was left empty with just lube.
Hybrid is just damper side coil added
dual is both
It's kinda both, hence hybrid, IIRC - coil for preload and initial stroke in the damper leg, spring in the other leg for progression and ramp-up; either coil or low-pressure air. I am planning to run a Luftkappe in the spring leg.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Chiming in that bushing burnishing can make a world of difference. My EXT fork originally felt like crap, and no matter how low of pressures I'd go, I'd always have like 2"+ of travel left. I heard that a few of the early ones like mine had issues with a bushing being too tight, sent it in to SS for them to check. Sure enough, the lower NDS bushing was tight, and they honed it out for free. Totally transformed the fork, was able to run sensible pressures and damping (didn't hit a wall of tightness).

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Maybe @buckoW could also burnish the bushings on a certain 36 he may know, feels a bit sticky when putting together after a lower leg service.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Chiming in that bushing burnishing can make a world of difference. My EXT fork originally felt like crap, and no matter how low of pressures I'd go, I'd always have like 2"+ of travel left. I heard that a few of the early ones like mine had issues with a bushing being too tight, sent it in to SS for them to check. Sure enough, the lower NDS bushing was tight, and they honed it out for free. Totally transformed the fork, was able to run sensible pressures and damping (didn't hit a wall of tightness).
Screw that, id make them buy the fork back for shit QC

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Got this new cop bike a little less than a month ago. Took two weeks to get some volume spacers for the X2. The new Lyrik is BANNANAS, you can tell the test and tune camps they did at Kanuga and Windrock the last two years paid off.
Ran it with a plastic 29" rear for 2.5 weeks. Flipped the minolink yesterday and put a 27.5" metal j-bend rear wheel in.
Today's freeze thaw mission was hella bitchin. Chromag Dagga pedals> all others. Slower on bad trails... Faster on good ones...

(hose-ectomy is overdue)

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Perhaps he does not sell them anymore? The bushing tool is no longer on his site, and some people on empty beer were complaining about him not responding to emails recently.
I don’t know. He responded to my last texts on Instagram about sizes and how far you can go. Maybe he stopped. Not sure.

Maybe @buckoW could also burnish the bushings on a certain 36 he may know, feels a bit sticky when putting together after a lower leg service.
I could definitely do that for you.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Got this new cop bike a little less than a month ago. Took two weeks to get some volume spacers for the X2. The new Lyrik is BANNANAS, you can tell the test and tune camps they did at Kanuga and Windrock the last two years paid off.
Ran it with a plastic 29" rear for 2.5 weeks. Flipped the minolink yesterday and put a 27.5" metal j-bend rear wheel in.
Today's freeze thaw mission was hella bitchin. Chromag Dagga pedals> all others. Slower on bad trails... Faster on good ones...

(hose-ectomy is overdue)
they scammed you, it’s missing the motor

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Don't get me started about the shitty gas can spouts here. :rant:

I assume that spout has a flow control valve you have to depress to get fuel?
That one looks kinda awkward.

Everything in a plastic can here is a variation of this style
1669833857673.png

Unless you have a fancy metal gas can like I inherited with the built in valve. :boss:
1669834011738.png

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I assume that spout has a flow control valve you have to depress to get fuel?
That one looks kinda awkward.

Everything in a plastic can here is a variation of this style
View attachment 185596

Unless you have a fancy metal gas can like I inherited with the built in valve. :boss:
View attachment 185597
We have worse shit in our stores. Super difficult to use, and leaks gas all over the tank you're trying to fill. :banghead:

1669837126465.png

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Are these not everywhere or are people not a fan? Always worked great for me.