Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
The Specialized and Santa Cruz (carbon) cages work well upside down on my GG. I have lost bottles twice in crashes, but not JRA.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
The Fabric cageless system works a treat.
Bottle is easy on and off, and to date I have never had one eject.
Bottles themselves are a little meh, but I normally don't drink on the go, usually just stop at the top of some hill, trying to put fluids into me while also trying to gasp and gulp a lung or two back into place.

Might be worth a look.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The Fabric cageless system works a treat.
Bottle is easy on and off, and to date I have never had one eject.
Bottles themselves are a little meh, but I normally don't drink on the go, usually just stop at the top of some hill, trying to put fluids into me while also trying to gasp and gulp a lung or two back into place.

Might be worth a look.
You must be built like The Hulk, I couldn't squeeze the fabric bottle to drink out of it.
Fidlock is way better for a space compromised frame as they require no forward movement at all to remove the bottle.
I expected to hate the Fidlock assuming it was different for the sake of being different, but it's great. However, I just picked up a helmet with a Fidlock buckle, that's a bit of a wank.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah, I have one and love it. @ZHendo as well if I remember correctly.
The anodising is excellent, give it a wash and it looks like new.
Nice! Yeah I didn't ask when trading the frame what colour it was, but when I saw it was anodized it was just an extra bonus.

I had a v1 Spitfire that was anodized and like you said it was so easy to care for. Even cable rub didn't really happen. The only thing that really marked it, is when it had unfortunate encounters with rocks.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
@bullcrew Nice! How hard are those to push through?
Not bad I did a .1 then a .14 and step up to make sure not to disrupt Teflon tape...
Did a .14 on customers 36 tonight and for sure I will be sizing my 36 and 38 up for sure...his is even smoother than mine..
Size em up and the drop back a smidge so a .14 goes back to a solid .12 or so.

Mike and I had a good conversation hes down from Canada and brought me the burnishing heads...up to 48% of damping effect can be bushing bind...no oil between bushings and too tight causing mechanical bind especially when ruts and berms...

Oh and he found a crack on my m9
20221229_202436.jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Not bad I did a .1 then a .14 and step up to make sure not to disrupt Teflon tape...
Did a .14 on customers 36 tonight and for sure I will be sizing my 36 and 38 up for sure...his is even smoother than mine..
Size em up and the drop back a smidge so a .14 goes back to a solid .12 or so.

Mike and I had a good conversation hes down from Canada and brought me the burnishing heads...up to 48% of damping effect can be bushing bind...no oil between bushings and too tight causing mechanical bind especially when ruts and berms...

Oh and he found a crack on my m9View attachment 186999
Great, now I want .14 bushing heads from Mike, too. Even the .1 made a big difference in my older 36.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Great, now I want .14 bushing heads from Mike, too. Even the .1 made a big difference in my older 36.
Yeah I am taking mine down today and going up a size lol.. based on what I felt it's the ticket, it's within spec and no slop...I'll do more forks and get some feedback but what I felt was better...I will use the .18 when there's a bushing or stanchion issue for alignment purposes it'll still be in spec but help reduce drag between upper and lower.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Threw a Goldilocks hoop up front to try this mullet phenomenon and it was nice. Slightly slower handling, but it raised the BB up some, which was a welcome change on this bike. Although it may have cost me my #26-4-Lyfe membership card :(

View attachment 186913
I wish they still made this. Was probably my favorite bike of all time. Yes, they still make the Mega, but I'm talking alu, external routing, tough and reliable, easy to work on.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
those pedals look awesome-similar to gen 1 kona wah wahs?
I don't have experience with the gen 1 Wah Wahs, but the NSB does look a bit like a refined version of the classic Kona pedals. As StiHacka just pointed out, the same could be said about the Tennet Occult.

My current flat pedals are the DMR Vaults, which I already like quite a lot. It will be interesting to compared them next summer.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Oops, I bought new brakes again
The post-Xmas sales got me too. I just got another set of Dominion A4s for my Smuggler because I'm a whinger who wants the same awesomeness on both MTBs.

The Enduro bike got a new longer BikeYoke dropper (trying the Divine model) and some of the new Continental Kryptotal DH tyres.