Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
curious to hear your thoughts on the cascade...also, you mulleted it, right? how's that compared to stock?

hope your sand color one does't go the way of mine...
View attachment 200994

black replacement one's been solid though.
Oh damn .. .yeah that's a scratch and some...
.so far mulleted love it been running the ohlins at 62.5mm no issues. Link went on tonight and I'll run it tomorrow...
Aside of having some cockpit issues which was my doing and sag (bikes loves 30%+) being 25%.. it's at 30% now and dropped bars 20mm swept em forward and LOVE IT...

Stock is good but after having had 29" wheels on all the bikes lately I got used to pushing through and using rear to rutter steer...I prefer mullet even on this one....

What happened to the triangle on yours?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Oh damn .. .yeah that's a scratch and some...
.so far mulleted love it been running the ohlins at 62.5mm no issues. Link went on tonight and I'll run it tomorrow...
Aside of having some cockpit issues which was my doing and sag (bikes loves 30%+) being 25%.. it's at 30% now and dropped bars 20mm swept em forward and LOVE IT...

Stock is good but after having had 29" wheels on all the bikes lately I got used to pushing through and using rear to rutter steer...I prefer mullet even on this one....

What happened to the triangle on yours?
agree-pedals decently so sag can be a bit more. love coil on it. have always wanted to try mullet for extra smash-smashy and fun in the steeps. actually ran the sand one in the high setting with 26" for a while :rofl: chainstay cracked when i landed a not even very big stepdown at a weird angle.

that one was a "c"; replaced with a cc and love it.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
agree-pedals decently so sag can be a bit more. love coil on it. have always wanted to try mullet for extra smash-smashy and fun in the steeps. actually ran the sand one in the high setting with 26" for a while :rofl: chainstay cracked when i landed a not even very big stepdown at a weird angle.

that one was a "c"; replaced with a cc and love it.
Man It really sets me back to think how 26 has pretty much been weeded out.. the industry just hard charged since 650b ....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
@jstuhlman the nomad with the link rides REALLY REALLY good .. ...
Really a great addition if you run coil, I ride this spot alot and jib the hell out of it..it took on the steep sections really well and didn't have the same bob as before. Shocks 3rd position was nice before but worked the legs too much and wasn't as efficient..now it's like I added some platform to shock

Set up- 65mm stroke 190mm travel
Did not up spring rate, did the poor man's swap and added 2 turns..new spring will be here tomorrow. Don't know that I want to jump up that much, after riding today...it worked spot on.

So quick take:
Not overly plow bike ish but goes deep into travel when needed...will definitely handle some nasty shit..and can plow but you will be hauling ass to get it to open up (which is nice)...
pedals more efficient
Has a better platform at 30-33% sag.
Has a nice ramp up deep in travel but not harsh g-out...
Longer wheelbase was noticeable, ass end was a bit less fidgity in the chunk and swapping in and out of bigger ruts .

For me it did what he claimed I wasn't looking for a miracle , I was looking for something that caters more to a coil and to my riding style and it did..was going to retuns the stack on the shock but not now..

20230923_175717.jpg
20230923_175708.jpg

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Forgot the best part, wife and I pulled up to liquor store to run in and grab Gatorades...bikes in back of truck hanging out, car followed me in ..shit area and 2 thugs rolled up on their car, parked 2 spots to my left ..one sat staring and started to get out, I jumped out of truck like normal eyeballed him and "wass up!"...

Gets back in car and says "O fu(k no" they drove away..so whatever their plans are a 245lb bald tattooed scarred ripped dude changed em real fast ..worst part is it didn't occur to me till I walked out, and wife asked what the hell that was about...

Shit id have loved to banged after a ride, I loved fighting in and out of the ring...told wife next time I'll rob them after they try...

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Forgot the best part, wife and I pulled up to liquor store to run in and grab Gatorades...bikes in back of truck hanging out, car followed me in ..shit area and 2 thugs rolled up on their car, parked 2 spots to my left ..one sat staring and started to get out, I jumped out of truck like normal eyeballed him and "wass up!"...

Gets back in car and says "O fu(k no" they drove away..so whatever their plans are a 245lb bald tattooed scarred ripped dude changed em real fast ..worst part is it didn't occur to me till I walked out, and wife asked what the hell that was about...

Shit id have loved to banged after a ride, I loved fighting in and out of the ring...told wife next time I'll rob them after they try...
DUDEE!! That was my friend and me at the liquor store. Just wanted to draw a dick on your Intense, but I ran into the car when I saw you had your Santa Cruz!! Next time bro!!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Now that's a damn tire...I am going to have to try and give snow riding a shot on one . Has my curiosity going....just seems like it would be cool to point and shoot across a section and go float around
As someone who has to fat bike, don't waste your time. You don't float.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DH resort season ended yesterday. I told my wife earlier I'm not ready to swap the fatties out of basement storage and put the DH's away yet.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Every year I rebuild the Meta with different parts. Because I like trying new stuff. This year it's got new Magura MT5s, new Continental Kryptotal Rs, Tubolight rear insert, new Chromag bar, Ergon grips and saddle. First ride with it this season and the new Ohlins TTX22m.2 is awesome. The tune seems just perfect for me and that bike, I was giggling when ploughing through rocks and roots not feeling anything.

META_4329_web.jpg

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Now that's a damn tire...I am going to have to try and give snow riding a shot on one . Has my curiosity going....just seems like it would be cool to point and shoot across a section and go float around
Don't be fooled. Despite how fat the tires are, they don't float on fresh snow. You need compacted snow, like groomed xc-ski, snowmobile, or packed down snowshoe trails to ride on. Fresh snow will stop you dead in your tracks, and you'll go otb.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well sho
Don't be fooled. Despite how fat the tires are, they don't float on fresh snow. You need compacted snow, like groomed xc-ski, snowmobile, or packed down snowshoe trails to ride on. Fresh snow will stop you dead in your tracks, and you'll go otb.
Well hell.. I look to convert my 450r to a ski bike..then I can float wherever the hell I want to

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Got my spindrift together. Bought it when it was on sale for Labor Day (damn good price for a new frame these days and almost all of my parts swapped over). l wasn't too stoked the last time I had my Marino out at the bike park (to be fair the issues were my fault, not the bike).
20231002_120906.jpg
20231002_120853.jpg

Last edited:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Got my spindrift together. Bought it when it was on sale for Labor Day (damn good price for a new frame these days and almost all of my parts swapped over). l wasn't too stoked the last time I had my Marino out at the bike park (to be fair the issues were my fault, not the bike).View attachment 201468View attachment 201469
I am on a Tyee. These things are damn fun vehicles. Have fun with it!