Quantcast

New Winter Project, PICS.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nice - you will for sure love the Sunday. I was on a US frame kit this year and its the best bike I have ever had. I will be on 2006 US frame this year when my 2005 frame is sold.

Some advice: Get 165mm steel cranks and 36T chainguide its a low BB.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Nice, Dan. I LOVE the color of those frames. I'm actually thinking of having my 7point re-powdercoated in a similar color.

toby

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
there's a man from chattanooga who comes up here to the rock on occasion on that same bike and color. a very nice ride indeed. i think there's been some issues with the top shock bolts, and i do believe that folks are using the bottom bolts on the top mount too. some one let him know if i'm mistaken.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dhbuilder said:
there's a man from chattanooga who comes up here to the rock on occasion on that same bike and color. a very nice ride indeed. i think there's been some issues with the top shock bolts, and i do believe that folks are using the bottom bolts on the top mount too. some one let him know if i'm mistaken.
that's good old Matt Conto!

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Looking sick Dan! If the guy who you got it from did any wet weather riding check out the bearings before you build her up. After a horribly rainy/snowy collegiate season I found most of mine had seized. I was able to clean each one and repack them. Just something to check out while you've got the frame partless.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Specs:

04 Boxxer WC. *
E13 Direct Mount Stem.
Truvativ Holzfellar Bars, Cranks.
Mavic 521 rims. *
Hadley Hubs.
Michelin Rubber.
I-Beam Seat and Post. *
Wellgo MG-1 Pedals.
Sram X.O Shifter and Deraillier.
Juicy 7's. *
E13 Chainguide. *

* = the parts I have already.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
rockymt21 said:
Specs:

04 Boxxer WC. *
E13 Direct Mount Stem.
Truvativ Holzfellar Bars, Cranks.
Mavic 521 rims. *
Hadley Hubs.
Michelin Rubber.
I-Beam Seat and Post. *
Wellgo MG-1 Pedals.
Sram X.O Shifter and Deraillier.
Juicy 7's. *
E13 Chainguide. *
* = the parts I have already.
freaking krunk:thumb:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Hey, mine looked like that once too!
I have no doubts that you will grow to love that bike (once you get used to the ultra low bb). The more I ride mine, the farther I fall in love.

Two things to check while you've got it apart:

1) I recommend you check those shock pins. It's almost impossible to tell from the pics, but to my squinted eyes it looks like the top shock pin was replaced with a solid bolt, washers and a locknut. This was a common fix untill IH started handing out the revised versions like candy. You'll need the new tight-tolerance shock bushings too. Both are available from IH.
(this is all assuming you don't already have them).

2) Do you know if the prev. owner had the shock re-valved?
A lot of sunday's came with improper valving on the 5ths. Progressive was doing warranty re-valves for free. This will make a huge difference in the ride quality. Check with the prev. owner to be sure.

I hope my ramblings make sense...:stupid:

dG video

Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Anyone know what size seatpost the frame takes off the top of their head? I was told 31.6, but my seatpost comes no where near fitting, im guessing 30.9 or something like that?

Dan

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
cute bike dan. Im definetly liking it alot. Too bad Iron horse's paint sucks...my porter has ****ty paint too. Not the biggest problem a bike could have though...looks sick man. Cant wait to be racin with ya this year.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Is it just looks, or is the Sunday suspension a lot like the Balfa 2-Step DH?

I have yet to ride a Sunday, but I've ridden a 7.5 and it was sweet. That thing will rock.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
It's a 30.0 post size.
You also need an 83mm shell bb. Mine is an FSA 83/133 and works fine. Supposedly your supposed to run an 83/128, but I couldn't find one.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
jimmydean said:
Is it just looks, or is the Sunday suspension a lot like the Balfa 2-Step DH?
Similar in that the dw-link has a full floating rear end. Just like a Balfa 2-step, or a Karpiel, or a VPP-SantaCruz, or a VPP-Intense, or a Giant Maestro, or a Canfield (I'm sure there are more).

I've ridden four of these and they all feel completely different. From pedaling to cornering to bump absorbtion, it's like night and day.

dG video

Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Im now thinking about a 40, I actually plan to keep ths bike more then 1 season, I have done my research on it and it was the best choice, so putting a little money into it never hurt.

If anyone knows of any for sale around $700 range, let me know, I'll even take an R.

Dan