Quantcast

New Works Components offset headset cups

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Lol. Tbh I thing you got it spun round

Umm shouldn't the roadies be most concerned with tt? As with too too much they wouldn't be able to stick their nose into their friends lycra clad ass while riding up paved "sports motorcycle" trails?

Shouldn't dudes who stand up and jump and shit notice reach?
they usually have no clue why there are reach and stack values in geometry charts

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
what in the **** is going on here?
Yeah this is more random than the random thought thread.

I have a 150mm headtube, external cups and a 30mm riser bar, the joys of a having 120mm hardtail with a 64deg HA and a BB height that allows pedaling when mountain bicycling.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Recently, one of our engineers had a look at how much reach you loose due to increased stack height by going with the external cups (to get max Reach increase on a 63* headtoob).
Yeah, I just checked - at a 63 degree head angle with a cup stack height increase of 11mm (works components 44/56 +5mm) you get -5mm of reach. You do get a 10mm stack height increase with it though, so there could be benefit there if you've already maxed out bar rise.

Last edited:

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Dude, Neko is on an intense and running +3mm! Thats less than their tolerances. Surely he could just find another frame that much longer in their production pile.
Yeah this is more random than the random thought thread.

I have a 150mm headtube, external cups and a 30mm riser bar, the joys of a having 120mm hardtail with a 64deg HA and a BB height that allows pedaling when mountain bicycling.
I know its rad
Mostly woo was fanning the fire.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I know its rad
Mostly woo was fanning the fire.
I have to re read it when I am less tired, I couldn't make an ounce of sense out of the conversation, I initially came to post that I run bladed spokes just in case JK had forgotten, I like to remind him.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Depends. Is the corner flat? Or bermed?

I prefer flat, with a sneaky catch rut to rail if youre in the mood

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Well works got back to me and they can't do any custom jobs at the moment, so no SLAXZ + REACHZ
Only SLAXZ oar REACHZ
REACHZ +5mm has a external cup and would slackz 0.5*
Only SLAXZ will -1* but takez away 1 or 2 reachz

I think only SLAXZ is better for bb heightz, seat tube angle and STACKZ

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well works got back to me and they can't do any custom jobs at the moment, so no SLAXZ + REACHZ
Only SLAXZ oar REACHZ
REACHZ +5mm has a external cup and would slackz 0.5*
Only SLAXZ will -1* but takez away 1 or 2 reachz

I think only SLAXZ is better for bb heightz, seat tube angle and STACKZ

You'd get a minor BB drop with the extender one too but nothing outside of the realm what tire size does for BB height. More with the slacker one obviously

What's the headtube size on that thing (diameter and length)? I may have some parts for you. I mentioned it before but I think you probably missed it in the mess that toodles and toodles alone caused.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
You'd get a minor BB drop with the extender one too but nothing outside of the realm what tire size does for BB height. More with the slacker one obviously

What's the headtube size on that thing (diameter and length)? I may have some parts for you. I mentioned it before but I think you probably missed it in the mess that toodles and toodles alone caused.
The reach set is an external lower cup that looks bad.... raises bb slacks sta, slacks ha

The angleset is much cleaner.

The headtube is 44/56 with a tapered steer.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I may have something from a turner RFX that is that size.

Hey @Jm_ is that the right headtube combo?
I don't think so, I want to say this one is the correct (Evil used this size too):

The HT is massively thick.

LAP

Chimp
Mar 5, 2016
I would go moar slackzz with a -2 headset. In my experience its steepenz the seat tube angle by close to the same thing, which is nice on them giantzz. For the reach, you could maybe compensate by slamming the shit out of that stem and go with a handlebar that is a little wider.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
I would go moar slackzz with a -2 headset. In my experience its steepenz the seat tube angle by close to the same thing, which is nice on them giantzz. For the reach, you could maybe compensate by slamming the shit out of that stem and go with a handlebar that is a little wider.
I ended up ordering the minus onez moar slakzz.
I was afraid he would never be about to round a corner again with minuz two and instantly hate it.

I also ordered a munus 1 ec34 ec34 Foar my old FOZE 2-1... she looks so sad hiding in the closet watching me play with my pivot and mondraker.
Its not worth selling so I might as well make it rideable. Its got about a 45* sta and a slightly setback post... need to put a I beam seat and post slammed FOARWARDZ. Need to put brakes on it too the old formula the ones are too temperamental & dragz.
I suppose I'll put toobz into the dhfz on my 823z... fkn 26 tooblz no holdz airz very well.

Then I guess ill ride it In the driveway or let my brother ride it or something.