Quantcast

New World Disorder 7 Review

gotnoname19

Monkey
Apr 4, 2005
Bellingham, Washington
Hey guys, I had to write this review, and thought some people here might like to read it. IT'S JUST MY OPINION. PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME.

On Thursday, October 19 I attended a premier for the film: New World Disorder 7. As in the six preceding films in this series, NWD 7 featured the most progressive riding in the freeride, downhill, street, and slope-style genres. A fair amount of Bellingham’s biking community came out to support the premier, and indigenous company Jack’s Bicycles sponsored the event. There were plenty of major bike manufacturers on hand, pro rider Dave Watson was in the house, fresh local beer was being sold for the friendly fare of $5 a glass; the crowd was pumped, and the stage was set for New World Disorder 7.
In my opinion, the film opened with the strongest segment of the night. The rider was Cam Mccaul, and he really laid it down for the film crew. His entire 3-4 minute segment was packed with not only some of the biggest air of all the featured riders, but the biggest tricks while he was up there. His section was off the hook start to finish, and it was good to see. Cam Mccaul is a real kind-hearted wholesome guy, which can be rare in the rowdy professional biking community. Don’t get the wrong idea, his segment featured a shot of him with a live grasshopper jumping out of his previously closed mouth; he’s by no means mature. You just get the feeling that he knows he’s a roll model, and he acts accordingly.
The major shortcoming of this film - which is true of all NWD films - was the music. It is as if they have some random dead beat, living in their mothers basement create the soundtrack. At the absolute bottom of this music barrel was: Scorpion’s, Rock Me Like a Hurricane. It is as if the producers do it for comedic value, but when it boils down, we still have to sit there and listen to the bad music. My second complaint is one of more serious proportion. The film featured riding in Turkey. The footage was awesome, but there were multiple shots of riders ripping on, in, and around ancient ruins. There were two shots Mccaul, and Darren Berrecloth 360 dropping, and backflipping off the roof of some ancient looking cave/house. Come on guys, I know you’re professionals, but have a little respect. It’s no wonder the rest of the world views Americans as ignorant jerks.
All in all the film was entertaining at times, but weak as a whole. As is true with most mountain biking movies: they get boring after the first twenty minutes. The recent trend seemed to be moving in a less offensive direction, but this producers of this film must not have gotten the memo.

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
Yea it was alright. I liked it. I felt as though that there are too many trickers. So i sorta didn't like that. Although some of the stunts were amazing. I really liked Bourdons part. Overall i'd grade it 7.6/10

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
i am glad i didn't pay 8 bucks to watch it...i'll just borrow it from someone...i like trails and fotage of such things....sounds like it was a big dirt jump video, or one hit trick shots

Sep 30, 2006
Longview, Wa
Man, if I had to sit through one more tail whip I was gonna lose it. I can sit all day and watch video of cool single track or racing but the same tricks over the same jump is just boring. The McCaul part was pretty cool. Overall it was pretty boring.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Yup... great video if you liked to watch dirt jumping.

Here is rider X at the dirt jumps.

Here is rider Y at the same dirtjumps.

Oh look.. here is rider Z at the same dirtjumps.

Lets go to a new area, and build the exact same dirtjumps and do the same tricks...

Not saying I wasn't impressed by the talents or the riding... the first time I saw it, but it got old FAST! I remember being bummmed out that The Collective and Roam were so short... I couldn't wait for the end of this one.

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
NWD 6 seemed to be going this way, looks like Freeride Films killed themselves with this one. Collective and Roam are great movies, unbeilivable sound track to.

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
yeah i agree with most of you guys. i saw a couple weeks ago. Cambria in auburn put it on. now dont get me wrong tricks are cool.(use to ride bmx) but ive seen all that done on bmx bikes. I dig big mountain stuff. big gaps/north shore style stuff/ and nice flowing single track. i mean weres Vanderham,Romaniuk, they had A RUN of Simmons,like 60 seconds of Schley, Dunne for about the same, Bourdon had a great part. I have to say that if i wanted to watch barspins,tailwhips, and many other tricks ill watch my bmx vids. There MOUNTAIN BIKES! However the sound track didnt bother me. pat benatar and the scorpians are alright.

On another note ROAM and The Collective are sick videos.I too am disapointed when they end.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I saw it last night.

I was too wasted and I don't remember any of it.
hahahahahaha. I guess I wasn't on your level. I remember it, and you seemed to like it. :cheers:

Major overload of dirt jumps though for sure. What happened to pioneering new and progressive lines through the woods? Oh wait, Kranked 6 seemed to take care of that nicely. :banana:

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
I love dirt jumps, it's one of the things I enjoy most on my bike. I just don't see 40 mins of dirt jumping entertaining. NWD has always made their videos the same way each time. They try and outdo each trick or clip or location, with a better one each time. So when you rewatch the video it would be better just to skip to the very last jump or trick or location.

Kranked 5 will always be my favorite video. Just finished watching it and I watch it every week. Anyone like this movie too?

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
I honestly don't even care to watch it. Why do I want to watch guys do 5-10 year old BMX tricks on a MTB. It's a fVcking MOUNTAIN BIKE. I could see where all this was going with NWD6 last year.

Lets keep it in the mountains. I agree with a previous poster. DJing can be a blast but when I watch a mountain bike video I want to see guys hitting huge lines that make me go "Holy SH**! I can't believe he just stuck that line." Not, wow "killer tailwhip."