Quantcast

New XC frame on the way!

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
A used 2003 Titus Racer X I found on Ebay. Can't wait! My first new bike in about 3 years!! :)

Now I need a fork, wheels and brakes... Probably a 80mm Marathon SL and King disc hubs w/ 3.1's and Avid cable discs when I find the money.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Rad Ian! that sound like a fun bike.
I should have my undisclosed race hardtail soon to race on next year.

My build

fork-01 Sid race 63mm
wheels-king/517revo wheelset
tires-python airlight/stans
cranks-RF next squaretaper with taperlock ti BB
ring-36t Real racering with ngear jumpstop and spot quard
Deraileur-XO mid cage rear der, BB carbon cage
casettes9.0 12-34 casette or r9 12-26
shifter-98 9.0 shifter (NON SRS)
hs- king HS
brakes-9.0 brake levers/ xtr v's
cockpit-thompson post-thompson stem, control tech bars, CWA pro-cut barends, SLR or prolink saddle.

the only thing I will need to buy is the seatpost. being a washed up XC racer has it's privlieges!

I Just ordered my Patriot xc frame this morning for a trail/4x bike. My build is going to be realy similar to my race bike except with hfx mags, hope/823 wheels a Talas RLC, turbines and an STS.

needless to say I am friggin psyched.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Originally posted by Heidi
Woohoo - another Racer X owner!!!!
I'll admit your reviews of the bike was an influence. Plus there is something about it I like. For one, it's not a common frame around here and i like having something a bit different.

I'm hoping I can build it up at around 24 lbs with my collection of old 8spd XTR bits.

I'm psyched, although I sill haven't heard a peep from the seller. :(

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Now what'd you go and do to deserve that? ;)
You mean why 3 years? Well, I was generally happy with my current bike selection. But last year I decided I wanted to concentrate more on XC and wanted a FS bike lighter than my 37 lb Yeti Lawwill 6. So that was sold and I've been scoping out different XC frames. I was thinking of either the Racer X or the Foes XCR, a Blur, or a Yeti ASR. I kept leaning towards the Titus because I'm hoping it's FSR design will feel clsoer to what I'm used to with my M-1 and the Yeti. Oddly enough, the Racer X (aluminum) is one of the more affordable choices. If I didn't find a used one, I probably would have bought one new.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Originally posted by SuspectDevice
Rad Ian! that sound like a fun bike.
I should have my undisclosed race hardtail soon to race on next year.

My build

needless to say I am friggin psyched.
Sounds like a sweet build. Fortunately for me, I already have a near-perfect HT: '97 Indy Fab Deluxe w/ full XTR. My only planned changes to it are to rebuild the King hubs with some UST rims.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I gave away my perfect hardtail frame to pay rent a few summers ago:(

A spooky darkside, ah how I miss it. And then I managed to score a free IF Deluxe with team paint and everything, and I gave that away to a kid in need.