Quantcast

New XC trail at Pocahontas State Park

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
The grand opening of the "Lakeview" trail at Pocahontas State Park (near Richmond, VA) will be this Saturday June 24th at 1pm. Meet in the Heritage Center parking lot for a group ride.

The trail is the first 5 miles of a possible 13-15 mile trail system on the south side of Swift Creek lake. It will be a series of connected loops where you can mix and match a ride. There will also be short tech loops off the main wherever we find an interesting rock garden or log set. A possible return loop on the north side of the lake of similar length is in the works as well. You'll need to pack a lunch to ride all of it.

Work will continue again in the fall.

Enjoy!!

Mike

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Nice, thanks for the hard work Mike! I have yet to ride anywhere around r'mond and I'd like to take a trip down and ride some of these spots. Sounds like you guys have a surprising amount of good single track right around and in the city.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
mud'n'sweat said:
Nice, thanks for the hard work Mike! I have yet to ride anywhere around r'mond and I'd like to take a trip down and ride some of these spots. Sounds like you guys have a surprising amount of good single track right around and in the city.
You're welcome but I can't take that much credit for this one. A couple of fellows, Joel Webber and Eric Cone, did the leg work of getting permits and laying out the singletrack. I just helped rake a bit.

There is a ton of new riding opportunities in and around Richmond now. I think there is an Epic group ride planned for the fall where we ride everything in a weekend.

Mike

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
That trail is gonna rule me and my friends went out biking at pocohantas one day and some how wound up on on that trail. It was unmarked but still really fun and it was one of the more technical trails in the park.