Quantcast

new xtr brakes for dh/ trail?

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Been running them on my trail bike(s) for the past year and a half with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Typical Shimano consistency/feel/ease-of-setup.

On a side note, I'd be very interested to try the newer ServoWave levers with the 975 calipers, but I haven't found a good enough reason to spend the $$$ just to find out. I imagine they'd be comparable to the newer XT 770 brakes in terms of power.

Cheers.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
word, ordered a set a few min ago from santa cruz's website. 100 bucks each for two fronts. gonna order up some servo rotors, adapters, and a new hose for the back through the shop and hopefully be able to run the other one as a back brake flipped (dont see why not)

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
On a side note, I'd be very interested to try the newer ServoWave levers with the 975 calipers, but I haven't found a good enough reason to spend the $$$ just to find out.
I asked the Shimano tech guys at Mt Snow last year about that and they said that's the one combo you should not do.

For the OP I have one bike with 975 Dual Control and 975 calipers, one with 965 Dual Control and 975 calipers (warrantied 965s) a singlespeed with 975s and ServoWave XTs on my DH bike. They all work great, and I'll have to say I don't really notice the servo-wave on the XTs (but I do like the tool-fee lever adjust)