Quantcast

New XTR...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Prolly get bashed for saying it. We got a new Titus Racer X LTD here in the shop with all new 07 XTR. Of particular note is the new XTR rapidfire shifters and cranks which are pretty amazing. The rest of the stuff is pretty cool too. They have massively improved the wheels too. Just all around some pretty nice stuff. If you were a fan of old XTR then you will love the new stuff...

Pics

The bike...

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
What's it's been, 10 years since you could get a xtr crank with a standard bolt pattern? (without paying a bunch more $$$ of course)

Good to see. I'll bet you'll see those cranks on lots of pro dh bikes next year. I love my old 952s

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Local shop had them last weekend as a gruppo.

I love the cranks and I really like the feel and look of the triggers. I still think the brakes and RD are ugly as sin. I'll stick with the X.0 stuff, but the crank may be in my future sometime.

JD, did you hear about pricing?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Local shop had them last weekend as a gruppo.

I love the cranks and I really like the feel and look of the triggers. I still think the brakes and RD are ugly as sin. I'll stick with the X.0 stuff, but the crank may be in my future sometime.

JD, did you hear about pricing?
No word on pricing that I can give out. Sorry. Prolly big bucks though.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
wow that bike in general looks really cool, but damn what a nice build

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Derrek from Shimano came to the shop the other day to show us all the new XTR as well as the other Shimano 07 product. REALLY nice stuff. They got a clue and are making non-rapid rise stuff again. Additionally the trigger shifters can be used with a finger/thumb combo (liks always), or similar to SRAM with the thumb/thumb. You can travel through almost your entire cassette in 2 seconds with a finger pull and a thumb push on the levers... if you really need to.

And the new XTR wheels have red spoke nipples, which is pretty hot.

Shimano's stepping it up... but I'm a SRAM girl. :biggrin:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
got to check it out a brianhead a month or so ago... very very sick... those cranks in particular... they are even nicer in the flesh... i may have to roll on a set of those bastids (eventually)...

frame first...

nice parts for sure...