Quantcast

New Year's Day street riding

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
The weather was actually nice enough for us to ride outside on New Year's day this year, so some of my friends and I went on a little street mission.

Our first stop was the Indiana State fairground and its beautiful tranny walls/signs by the main gate. Rode for about 20 minutes before getting thrown out, too. Andrew went higher than everyone else, as seen here.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana

Next stop was a little curved wall. And I do mean little... like knee high. I avoided it, but Mark (pictured here) and Andrew destroyed it.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana

From there we rode about a block down the road to this little cement planter. Much riding went down here. For example, here's Nathan with a pedal stall.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana

From there it was on to this fence ride, conveniently located by the hospital should you fall and smash something. This is Brian, Nathan's younger brother.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana

We closed the night with this curved wall just down the road from Indy's outdoor skatepark. It was getting pretty darn cold by this time, too...

PaulE

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
Sheffield, England
nice looking spots you've got there - especially that tranny wall in the first shot.

Wish I could have done some street on New year's day but it snowed lots the night before, and then decided to melt and make the whole city a slushy mess :( Did get a really good session in at the (frozen) BMX track on new year's eve morning though :D

Sep 17, 2003
so thats where all the wall rides are.....maybe i come back to indy one day and ride some...but i like the weather better in NC...

so why no pics of the park?

Attachments

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
There aren't any pictures of us at the park... Because we didn't go on that day. Heh, we were trying to avoid going to the city's parks, because the idea of getting to ride street in the middle of winter was too good to pass up.

Or did you know that we also have an indoor park now as well?

Anywho, there's a couple of threads around here with some pics from our parks that I took as well.