Quantcast

New years day

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ok guys, same drill as last year, Box springs at 9 am, will start with hidden trail, back up to M trail, move some vehicles to the bottom of Two trees to finish it off. Lunch at the local mexican resturant afterwords so bring some cash for food and beer.

Most of us will be taking the big bikes, so there will be some hiking, but its all worth it.

Speak up if your coming, PM me if you need directions

Aug 23, 2007
San Dimas
First time riding Box Springs today. Started off with "M" trail and finished off with Two Trees. Two Trees was my favorite with fast and flowing DH with a couple of rock sections thrown in. Top of the mountain still had some snow on the north facing slope from the last storm.

Last edited:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
First time riding Box Springs today. Started off with "M" trail and finished off with Two Trees. Two Trees was my favorite with fast and flowing DH with a couple of rock sections thrown in. Top of the mountain still had some snow on the north facing slope from the last storm.
I agree, Two Tree's is funner but M Trail would almost have the same appeal if there wasn't that b*tch of a HAB.

markskee

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Los Angeles
Sounds like fun and I have never ridden it....Just moved back from AZ and rode San Juan for the first time last week, pretty interesting trail (too much hike a bike) maybe we did the shuttle the wrong way but oh well still fun.

So this ride on New Years day how far is it from LA I live right near Whittier 5 Freeway and 605? just an approximation would be good is it beyond riverside? I am really interested in attending along with maybe one other buddy if ya don't mind...and I don't know the shuttle situation but I have a truck if it helps Tacoma access cab.

:cheers:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Ok guys, I finally ahve internet again, So ceck it, This is how you get to box Springs, Take the 60 freeway towards riverside/moreno valley. Exit Pigeon Pass.Frederick ST, Head north on Pigeon Pass road, take it all the way untill you get to the dirt parking lot at the top. Be carefull, Pigeonpass actually makes a right hand turn, just keep goiong straight, it turns into a dirt road before you get to the parking lot

Sep 9, 2004
richmond, va
Cool. We'll see you guys there. We'll either be in a white Toyota Tundra or this:

We've never been to the area, so keep an eye out for us I guess. Oh yeah, how many people do you think are coming along?

markskee

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Los Angeles
Ok guys, I finally ahve internet again, So ceck it, This is how you get to box Springs, Take the 60 freeway towards riverside/moreno valley. Exit Pigeon Pass.Frederick ST, Head north on Pigeon Pass road, take it all the way untill you get to the dirt parking lot at the top. Be carefull, Pigeonpass actually makes a right hand turn, just keep goiong straight, it turns into a dirt road before you get to the parking lot
Looks like Pigeon Pass curves to left and then turns into (box springs mountain road) and starts to go south with a big dirt lot on the right is this correct or do I stay on pigeon pass going north right before box springs road (would be a right hand turn) and start maneuvering up the mountain?

Sorry to ask so many questions just don't want to miss the ride (wrong place at the wrong time)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2004
richmond, va
Crap!

I just woke up. It's 10am. Sorry dudes, 2008 rocked my ass...maybe once i get a cup of coffee in me I'll go hit a local trail, but looks like I slept through the Box Springs ride. Bummer.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
That was fun today, thanks to those that came out. Thanks for joining us out here in teh Ghetto, I look forward to doing it again

I must apologize though, My Internet and Computer all went to hell yesterday morning as I was setting it all up, I just finally got everything working properly, ended up with a Windows corruption due to reminents of the old router setup program, clashing with the new setup, Ended up having to reinstall windows on the Laptop.

Next time I post up a ride, I will be more informed, and keep up with the responces alot better

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
thanks again dirty for putting on your annual new years day ride ! great to meet the 2mark's and troubbledone (eddie) .good times yesterday .