Quantcast

New Year's resolutions

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
So, what are your New Year's resolutions? Might as well post 'em now, you know, get your homework done early.

Mine is to be able to fit into my bike shorts/pants again. Too much hibernation here lately!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't have resolutions but set goals. For biking in '05 I want to go to the world solo championship. I also want to make a change at work, not sure if that is going to be a new job or just transfering to another department where I am now.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
move into a different more satisfying better paying position in my company, buy a house, and strive for better overall health, i have already started one of my resolutions to make it a habit before new years. i am drinking 4 pint glasses of water at work and 2 at home every day and have cut my coffee intake to 1 cup a day.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
biggins said:
move into a different more satisfying better paying position in my company, buy a house, and strive for better overall health, i have already started one of my resolutions to make it a habit before new years. i am drinking 4 pint glasses of water at work and 2 at home every day and have cut my coffee intake to 1 cup a day.
I thought you were going to live a little and move to Flagstaff......... :think:

-S.S.-

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Hmm. Well it will be hard to top 2004, it was truly an awesome year. I rode several places that I'd always wanted to ride, and spent tons of time with awesome friends.

So for 2005, I guess the goal is to ride new places and spend lots of time with friends. Again :)

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I have to concur with others - 2004 was an awesome year. For 2005 - Pay down the debt ;) ...All credit cards and my car payment ...then turn my attention to the icky student loands :D

Otherwise - ride more, climb more, spend time with friends and family...etc etc...

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
One is to take part in something I have never tried before. That is going to happen with that 24 hours race.

Another is to go injury free in 2005.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
I thought you were going to live a little and move to Flagstaff......... :think:

-S.S.-
well ya know im trying to make things work here and when i found a place to start building some cool stuff the other i got psyched on it.

oh my other new years resolution is to start developing a freeride area. i will be starting it saturday jan. 1.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
one of my resolutions is to start composing again. that part of my brain is quickly being lost to atrophy :dead: . and the usual, like exercise more etc.

the full list of new years resolutions:

1. play through all of the well tempered clavier, even if this means recording one voice at a time
  2. flesh out at least the openings of the 24 fugue subject/counter-subjects that i sketched out last year in japan and subsequently ignored
  3. don't be so cynical: about school, about people, about myself
  4. shoot photos more regularly
  5. do something every free afternoon or weekend, whether going out or shortening the giant reading list
  6. exercise regularly. this means not shirking physical therapy! and go swimming in the mornings before class

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I don't do resolutions, but I'd like to lose 10-12 pounds, which will not be a problem once I start eating right. Speaking of resolutions, I am not looking forward to the onslaught of clueless newbies that will pour down on my gym once 1/1 hits.

:nuts:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i need to lose some of this flab. 10 pounds would be a good start. i also need to make that appt and get some bloodwork done. heart disease and high cholesterol runs rampant in my family and i need to stay healthy and aware to stay alive.

2005 will be spent in the saddle and with the family. :love:

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
i used to do this martial arts thing for a few years and every time the new year came around or anytime the head master dude talked about goals it was always just one: "trainings harder"

so this year i will be trainings harder!

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I Are Baboon said:
Speaking of resolutions, I am not looking forward to the onslaught of clueless newbies that will pour down on my gym once 1/1 hits.

:nuts:
:stupid:

I, unlike most of you, would like to gain 10-20lbs (preferibly muscle :p ) which would put me up at a more normal weight for my height.

And going injury free for the WHOLE year would be awsome :)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
my goal for this year is to try to be better at everything i do, and enjoy everything more. i figure if this is my goal every year, things can only get better and better.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i hereby make a resolution to quit smoking cigarrettes once and for all!!!!!

oh wait i already did that.... never mind, i'm good.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
1) finish work certification dealio
2) get my parents into better shape
3) own my friends at wildflower tri
4) take more spanish classes or start learning french
5) continue to kick ass

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
COmtbiker12 said:
-Lose like 15lbs
15lbs?? Been eating too much Taco Bell lately? :p
-Gain lots of muscle
-Move up to Jr.X for DH
You might want to think about moving from Jr.X to XC if you need to lose 15 lbs....... ;)
-Get a job
-Get a 2.5RS or WRX or Lancer Evo. :D
It better be a *really* good job to afford the insurance for those beasts at your age.......

-S.S.-

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
15lbs?? Been eating too much Taco Bell lately? :p

You might want to think about moving from Jr.X to XC if you need to lose 15 lbs....... ;)

It better be a *really* good job to afford the insurance for those beasts at your age.......

-S.S.-
-TacoBell is like a 5 minute walk from my house :rolleyes: And I've had atleast a whole pan of fudge in the last two weeks.

-Maybe. :p

-My parents pay insurance. :D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
They won't when they find out how much it is for WRX coverage for a punk-a$$ kid. ;)

-S.S.-
I know, but its atleast worth a shot, lol. If that doesn't work then I figure I'll get a 88-90 Audi GT Coupe. :D Those things are sweet. :D

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
I keep the same resolution each year...Fake an orgasm at least once with every woman I am with. It makes them feel so much better about themselves! I am after all, all about HER feelings!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
COmtbiker12 said:
I know, but its atleast worth a shot, lol. If that doesn't work then I figure I'll get a 88-90 Audi GT Coupe. :D Those things are sweet. :D

Psh, Lucky bastard. I get to pay my insurance and gas. You wouldn't think the insurance would be that much for a 35 year old truck, but it is.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Well I always forget my new years resolutions by about March... so nvr much use making any. Anyways....I want to keep up my training as always, figure out what I want to do with my life at least in the short term, get out of Quebec. Either way something has to change in my life this year, I just have to make some big changes no matter what. This past year hasn;t been one to remember in many ways.