180 as of Jan 22
180 as of Jan 27
178 as of Feb 1
177 as of Feb 5
178 as of Feb 10
178 as of Feb 19
178 as of March 1

180 as of March 17.

I am now on for the last 5lbs. My goal is 175. Not bad considering I was 218 a few years ago. I LOVE MOUNTAIN BIKING. It has been my savior.

When I hit my goal, oh yes I will hit my goal, I will have lost 43 lbs. Im 32yo and weigh exactly what I weighed in high school and Im in MUCH better shape.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Well I finally got to a scale and am down 7 pounds since my Dr. visit in December. Makes me happy because I haven't had to put forth too much effort.

maddogdh

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Highland Lakes, NJ
I like all the sucsess stories. It feels good right! I started at 193 that was 1/1/06 today i'm at 176. I do this every year after letting myself go after my DH season ends the end of October. The differecne this time is i'm losing weight and puttin on lean muscle, i've been hitting the weights as much as cardio.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
well, thought i'd fill you guys in on my progress.

I have upped my running mileage to 20 miles a week. Up from 6-9 miles a week if i was lucky last semester.

I've also incorporated upper body strength training 20 minutes 4 days a week (just ten pound hand weights at home for now) and yoga once a week at least.

I feel fantastic. Already seeing noticeable improvement in my lifting and running. TN and I have set a couple of goals for yoga and it should be interesting to see if we stick with it.

Got some new running shoes on the way and I am so excited. Can't wait to break them in. We have been eating well, cutting out pretty much all crap from our diets. We don't ever eat out anymore either.

Oh, and I haven't been on my bike at all. That is the next thing to incorporate into my routine. TN is building up a CX bike right now and when it's finished we'll be able to ride road together. I am so bored of the single track around here I excited about the newness of road.

anyway good job to everybody who is getting the results they were looking for. we're already a quarter of the way through the year.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
:(. I have pretty much stopped at 160. I am still lifting and eating like a horse yet I am not gaining any more weight. Noticable improvements as everyone tells me that my arms are huge.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I think I have found my min weight without starving myself. I pretty much have to starve and feel like crap if I want to be under 178.

Anyone else have positive results?

I was 208 a few years ago. Now Im down to 178-180. My goal is to stay under 180 now for the rest of my life, yes the rest of my life.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Still going strong. Running quite a bit. Haven't gotten on my bike yet, and finals have slowed down my lifting a little but I haven't given up yet. Still avoiding the scale like the plague.

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Stopped buying soda's & consuming them.1-2 a week.

Trail running & throwing the frisbee disk is great & simple+cheap.

Better job.(still working on that)

Traded big 4x4 Ram & drive a 45MPG Toyota !

Less time on the internet !!!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I went on my first big ride a few days ago and felt like I was in better shape than I was at the END of last year. It seems like all my hard work is paying off.

I did NOT trade my gas monster in for a 45mpg Toyota but instead put bigger wheels and tires on it and now I get worse MPG. :)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Any updates? Im still at 180 down from 194.

Ive been working out the mornings before I work and riding on my days off.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Figured I would update.

Lifting has made quite a bit of difference in my riding. My upper body is significantly stronger this year compared to past, and oddly enough I notice it while climbing. I am able to hold myself down better and put more power into the pedals rather than bobbing all over the place.

As far as the workouts are going, I am limited right now as I do not have access to a full gym and can only do my biceps/chest/triceps with shorter more condensed workouts. I hope things are not too bad once I get back into a real gym.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Still hovering around 145-147 depending on the day.

It seems I will really need to work out hard on a very regular basis to break 150, and now that baseball is over I shall (hopefully) be able to do that.

I do feel much stronger though, and the new muscle is definitely noticable on my body.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Still hovering around 145-147, but as of right now I have basically stopped working out due to it being finals and I am struggling to get good grades.

Goal by end of summer: 155.

I was at 145.5 today.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive gained about 3-4 pounds but Im pretty sure its muscle. My pants still fit pretty loose. Im still down 14 lbs from Jan 1 and 38 lbs from a few years ago.

How are the big guys doin?