Quantcast

new years resolutions

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Anyone planning a new years resolution to get back in shape for the season and lose a few pounds?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I started my resolutions two weeks ago.

I've lost five pounds only eating unprocessed, fresh foods and... no alcohol. It's been difficult with all the holiday foods out everywhere and even harder with all the quality drinks I'm not drinking.

I'm going to do the Triple Bypass this year and if I can swing the time off, the STP.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My New Year's resolution to join a gym and get into shape started in July 1996 and I have not quit since.

New Year's resolutions like this are hard to keep. You are better off committing to a lifestyle change.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Not in the usual way. My resolution last year was to get in better shape, and I did. My "resolution" this year is to stay that way.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Another road bicycle event... Seattle to Portland.

It's one of the big rides around the USA.

My long-term goal is to do a century ride in every state, kinda like the "high-toppers" -- is that what they're called? -- who get to the highest point in every state.

Anyway, my goal is to get back into shape and do at least one century in a state other than the three I've go so far, hence STP.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I started part of mine last month. I gave up soda.
That's a big one! Your kidneys must be very happy about that.

I didn't give up soda completely, but I made the resolution about four months ago to no longer have it in the house, so that's a lot less soda.

I saw a woman the other day give her 2 year old a full 12 oz can of Pepsi-cola. What the **** are people thinking?

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
Keep working out so I don't get front-butt like everyone else where I work. Do a triathlon and a marathon. Buy a house.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Well.................I did finally lose the 10 I wanted to in 2006 (I had lost 30 in 05.)

Running was the key.............I thought I would never break through my plateau from last year until Nate advised me to start running and it worked.

This year I would like to lose 10 more.

"I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good.......bahduhbahduhbah............"

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Resolution:

Get back on the trainer on the roadie, rack up some miles, strengthen the legs, get the aerobic stuff in shape for the coming season. Eat better, shed the holiday pounds.

Buy some better fricken' wheels for my Dawg.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I didn't give up soda completely, but I made the resolution about four months ago to no longer have it in the house, so that's a lot less soda.
That was my problem, having it in the house.

I could easily drink a twelve pack of soda a day.

I'm going to do the Triple Bypass this year and if I can swing the time off, the STP.
Are you going to enter it or poach it?:)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
going back to college, keep going at least 3 times a week to the gym
run a low 40s 10k, and getting a six pack.
all that together would be awesome.

on a more wishful thinking side.
finally playing chopin´s polonaise op53.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My resolution is to get to my riding weight of 175. I do this every year. I swear I gain 20-25lbs in the winter.

I weighed 200 on Jan1. Ill post every once in awhile.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
I have been going to the gym too.
It's been too wet to ride here so I run 3 miles on the track or do the elliptical machine......am cross training everyday. I am trying to maintain my weight loss last year and lose another 10.

I am 5'8" and currently 145.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Jan 1-200lbs
Jan 13-190lb

Down 10lbs so far. Ive been lifting a lot and riding 14-15miles a day on the trainer.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Not so much a New Years resolution, but i've been going to the gym 6-days a week, doing lots of riding and lifting to get in shape for next race season. I've only been going a few weeks or so now, and can already see and feel a difference in my body.

Also, no more soda and really cut down on the beer :( :( :(, drinking lots of water, fruit, snacks throughout the day rather than one or two full meals. Actually eating breakfast instead of sucking down cup after cup of coffee helps make me feel better throughout the day too, I used to hate breakfast.

Besides that, I feel 100 times better day-to-day, it's amazing how going out and getting active even for an hour or two a day can really boost your spirits rather than sitting around watching the tube all night after work.

I've started charting my results, maybe i'll post them a few weeks down the road.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Well I put 2 lbs after the first week of the month..........but now I have lost 7lbs so I am 5lbs down.

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
All you no soda resolutions will like that one. I stopped drinking it the winter of my 8th grade year because I was playing in at least a 3 game basketball tournament every saturday plus 2 games during the week and 2 years later I'm still going strong. It's great, you won't believe the difference it makes. I used to have reflux (at a young age,pitiful, I know.) and since i dropped soda it's almost gone, i have more energy, it's amazing. and really, i don't even miss it. I might drink one every two or three months but when i do it doesn't really even taste good. Keep with it, you'll be happy you did.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Hey I lost 11.4 pounds in January................imagine that!
I am frantically battling the mid-winter spread.
I run 3 miles outdoors when I can..........in the gym when I have to....I do the elliptical trainer level 14 for 45min and the bike at level 15 for 45 minutes............5 days a week.........that is my circuit...........run, elliptical, bike..................sometimes I have to break it up into 2 trips to the gym (or trail) a day to fit it in............I am lucky because we live close to the base and I get to use the gym free.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm down from 195 to 188 since the second week in Jan or so, not too too concerned with pound lossage since i'm trying to put on muscle weight, I can definitely see a difference from losing fat and gaining muscle.

Good stuff Kanter!!!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Feb 4th-179
Feb 11th-172

I lost 7 lbs this week!!!!

Ive been lifting for 45min, core ball for 15min, and bike trainer for 50min. Ive been keeping my calorie intake under 2000 cal and eating lots of veges, fruit, and chicken. Im at my goal weight but I plan on doing the same routine and I guess I will see if I lose any more weight.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Jan 1-200lbs
Jan 13-190lb
Jan 20th-185
Jan 28th-182
Feb 4th-179
Feb 11th-172

Feb 22th-169

Im at my goal weight for the season. Now, I have to stay around 170.

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
I have lost 18lbs now since New Years.
Man what a difference in my riding skills! I rode a trail that kicked my butt last year.............literally............I broke my tailbone there........and had a blast!

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
March 9 and still 168-170.

I got to ride the road bike on Wed. First ride of the year I beat my best time from last year. I ride a 16 mile stretch that has some good climbs. My best time last year was 57 min. First ride of the year.... I did it in 52 minutes!!!!! Losing 32 lbs, lifting, and training has really paid off. I cant wait to get some more bike riding in.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
This last week I got to do a few rides. I am still 168-170 and in great shape.... best Ive been in for 5-6 years. Ive been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. I smoked all my buddys on the up and downhill. They were all out of shape. :) :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Wow! Sounds like some dedication here. My resolution was to get back into my pre-baby riding shape. If I loose weight - great, but I just want to be back to my former faster self while having fun. On the side burner is my hope to do well in a solo 24 this summer too :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Wow! Sounds like some dedication here. My resolution was to get back into my pre-baby riding shape. If I loose weight - great, but I just want to be back to my former faster self while having fun. On the side burner is my hope to do well in a solo 24 this summer too :D
Totally with ya there! My resolution was just to get in better shape and ride faster. I have no idea how much weight I've lost (since a 10yr bout with an eating disorder they're off limits) but all of my clothes are falling off me and I'm spinning on the trails like crazy:monkeydance: