Quantcast

New Years Resolutions

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
But I already found him. This time of year it’s easy they leave him around all over the place in baskets, the rest of the year he’s mostly an adult and nailed to a stick.

So Jesus walks onto an inn and asked the innkeeper “can you put me up for the night?”
Innkeeper slaps three nails on the counter and asks “you need a hammer too?”
3? both feet nailed together with one nail?

the stigmata works in mysterious ways apparently

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
huh

Jesuit high school and somehow I never caught that detail

probably because I am going straight to hell

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Weird a bunch of different versions of a fake ass story. But I think the Roman’s were frugal concerning the killing of dissidents, even fake ones. One nail through both feet would be even crueler on the knees, which I can imagine was a Roman goal.

Remember Jesus died for our sins, so we can sin as much as we want, just ask St. Peter for forgiveness at the gates. He can’t refuse even if you never paid the church for forgiveness.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I don't tell many people, actually only one person really knows, but I've been depressed for a long time. I've known about it too, but perhaps through denial or whatever, I've just never seaked out real help. In the new years when all the doctors offices are open again and whatnot, I'm going to start on that path.

I also know that I also suffer from some sort of adhd or something along those lines. It's probably part of the onion that's going to get unraveled with the depression thing, but I shall seek clarification and assistance with that too.

I need to find a family doctor. Any tips @mykel? There just seems to be none taking on new patients.

I'm also going to ride and do more enjoyable things this year. Last year was a crapshoot because of health reasons and sometimes just choosing not to, but I know that I always feel better about myself and the world when I get out and do things.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I don't tell many people, actually only one person really knows, but I've been depressed for a long time. I've known about it too, but perhaps through denial or whatever, I've just never seaked out real help. In the new years when all the doctors offices are open again and whatnot, I'm going to start on that path.

I also know that I also suffer from some sort of adhd or something along those lines. It's probably part of the onion that's going to get unraveled with the depression thing, but I shall seek clarification and assistance with that too.

I need to find a family doctor. Any tips @mykel? There just seems to be none taking on new patients.

I'm also going to ride and do more enjoyable things this year. Last year was a crapshoot because of health reasons and sometimes just choosing not to, but I know that I always feel better about myself and the world when I get out and do things.

Good luck with the depression, man. It sucks. For me, the bolded part above is key. I've got some crazy anxiety, and I tend towards hypochondria. Being active and being out in the world helps.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Lots of Monkeys would ride with ya if a Colorado trip falls into your plans, apart from @SkaredShtles he'll no show obv.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If you nail the feet then they will still be able to breathe. Asphyxiation happens when the ribs and chest muscles become fatigued and can no longer continue to lift the lower half. Painters always get that part wrong. Next they’re going to tell me a dude from the Middle East has blonde hair, blue eyes and never gets sun burned.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Before meth we had uncle Ronnie's Iran Contra cocaine for guns epidemic. You could buy an 8 ball of uncut pharma grade coke for $60.00. I got hooked. After snorting up my paychecks for months I went on a week long binge. No food no sleep just coke. I snapped out of it just as my body was shutting down. Crawled to the kitchen poured 5 packets of instant breakfast into an open quart of milk chugged it and passed out. Came to hours later face down on the kitchen floor. Took me 8 months before the withdrawals and cravings stopped. I got too damn close to death and never went back.
You’ve told us this story before. That’s an official old man gold star sticker for sure.

It’s still a cool story though. :drool: :D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Don’t really believe in NY resolutions. On the other hand I’ll keep working to make my family happy, and, I want a couple more top five all time run records. I’m really too old for a top three now, I just don’t have the sheer muscle of these new kids but I still got me some flow.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh, we also did shitty veganism for a majority of last year. I hope to continue that. Minimize meat (and for me) minimize cheese. Cheese is fuckin' delicious though, and pizza is a necessity.

No meth tho

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
This started well before New Years, but when I get down to 169#, I’m buying myself a new 24.75” scale neck for my Telecaster. This type of reward cycle has worked for me in the past.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
cybernetic jesus dies for your syntax errors
Got last in class in English at High Scool, probably wasn't far behind in Computing Studies.

Plus, I'm tired as fuck so I tend to repeat words or leave important words out all together. Glad I'm not at work, dumb shit would be happening.