Quantcast

New Yeti trail bike dubbed the "SB-66"

Pashley 24Mhz

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Belgium, Europe
What's the maintenance on that eccentric pivot? We get e hell lot of rain out here so lots of the riding is in mud. Ain't the mud gonna grind in that pivot?

I'd love to see one of those with 120-130mm of travel in the future :thumb:

gurterno

Chimp
May 8, 2010
Where are these SB66 vids with slomo of Shaun O'Connor? I cannot seem to find them. Finding lots of other good stuff though.

Edit: Oh sorry :rolleyes: You just have to click on the right arrow :thumb:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
What's the maintenance on that eccentric pivot? We get e hell lot of rain out here so lots of the riding is in mud. Ain't the mud gonna grind in that pivot?

I'd love to see one of those with 120-130mm of travel in the future :thumb:
It's fully sealed, and if you do need to do maintenance, it takes less than 5 minutes to completely disassemble. If you watch the videos on the site, you'll see it put together.

FYI,

JP

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
Just got to hop on one at my shop, the one thing that really stood out to me was the pedaling. Absolutely no bob sitting or standing, but still a plush suspension feel. The descriptions about feeling like all of your energy is put toward forward momentum are accurate I'd say. That's about all I could get out of it with such a limited test, but my initial impressions tell me this is on another level compared to the 575.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
The devil's in the details. There isn't another bike in the world, including the Decathlon, where the lower link switches its rotational direction (except for maybe some other prototypes that we're working on).
Every dw-link from Turner and Pivot does, just for starters. Take a look for yourself. Since 2006 oh..

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
John P. said:
The devil's in the details. There isn't another bike in the world, including the Decathlon, where the lower link switches its rotational direction (except for maybe some other prototypes that we're working on).

Really good looking bike!

Konig, Dominion, and Ambush all have bi-directional motion on the main pivot location even though it would be considered the upper link it's unified position has the same intent. I never asked marketing to push for those details when I was with Corsair but the Konig was the first to use bi-directional motion to simulate a pivot location.

p
Thanks, bro. I stand corrected! Luckily for Yeti, I'm just a lowly sales/PR guy; we've got a lot more knowledgable dudes doing the design and patent work.
Every dw-link from Turner and Pivot does, just for starters. Take a look for yourself. Since 2006 oh..
I'll assume you missed this exchange the week before rather than think you're just piling on.

Cheers,
--JP

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
How long did it take to design the chainstay protection?
It was pretty expensive to build the molds for that, but the process of designing it is pretty straight forward: ride the snot out of a prototype, see where the chainstay and seatstay get scuffed up, then build a piece that covers all that. In the end, we feel like it creates a finished product that looks and works a lot better than a neoprene wrap or old inner tube.

--JP

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I'll assume you missed this exchange the week before rather than think you're just piling on.

Cheers,
--JP
I will admit that I was just quickly scanning the thread for pictures but when I saw you saying that this bike is the only one in the world that has a link that switched directions I felt a deep uncontrollable urge to correct that misinformation. I mean, really, as far as I know (although I really haven't researched it as I've always regarded it as a basically irrelevant point technically) the dw-link design was the first to do that although I would not be surprised if the decathlon bike did, and maybe even the older Marin bikes, I am sure Bradflyn will dig up something from 1875 and tell me all about it really soon. Can't wait, Brad! :D

Much love though John, I pretty much stopped reading right there, typed, and exited back to working in the real world, much like I'm going to do in 3.2.1.. boom.