Quantcast

New Zealand...the first year

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Well I have been here for a year now, so I figured I should post a few of my collected pictures. After browsing through them, I realized i have neglected to take pictures of some of the better trails. Perhaps next year? Well here are a few to hold you through...enjoy!

This is perhaps one of my favorite 'easy' trails...easy for lots of reasons, but mostly because it was only a few minutes from my old flat. Anaconda is the name...and it lives up to it.

Mt Hutt has a few trails too...took the lady friend up there one weekend were she suffered a few bumps and bruises. She still loved it.

Wanaka is great fun too. Brought the dog along for the ride too. Short and stout...but very dangerous over short distances. Much like his owner.
"Get on outta here!"

Hardest trail to find ever!

Lakeside post ride

Its the wood!

8am jumpin'

The riding here really took me back to my roots...lots of trails and xc instead of purely focused on dh. For about 3 months straight I was lucky enough to get to ride at least 4 or 5 times a week. I hope this summer is just as good.

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
I was in chch for the first year, but I just moved down to Invercargill. Not so many great rides at my doorstep, but QT and Wanaka are just a couple of hours away now.
I know I will miss the post work rides up in the Port Hills though...

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
Ok have you ridden Naseby yet? It's almost closer than QT I think, are you gonna be around in the summer? the Coronet Peak skifield should be opening up for bikers fir a month or so

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
It looks like I will be here for another 2 years. Heard lots about naseby but I haven't made it there yet...its on my short list!

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
been on vorb a bit...but you are right, it takes a bit of muddling through all the groms to get to good stuff. Found a bit of good stuff too.
Favorite thing on vorb is the buy and sell forum: "2005 XYZ for sale, $6000, no trades will not part out"
1st question: Will you trade for (insert clapped out hardtail from 2001 here)?
2nd: Would you take 50 bucks for the fork?
3rd: Consider it sold, I will have the money to you in 3 months.

It gets rather amusing really...

May be venturing back to Wanaka this weekend if I am lucky...

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
Heya ragin-sagin!

I can almost see Anaconda from where Im sitting right now!
Except its dark, and there's some hills in the way, so I cant really, but its just over there. :)

Glad you are enjoying our riding, and our wee country.:D

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
ragin-sagin said:
been on vorb a bit...but you are right, it takes a bit of muddling through all the groms to get to good stuff. Found a bit of good stuff too.
Favorite thing on vorb is the buy and sell forum: "2005 XYZ for sale, $6000, no trades will not part out"
1st question: Will you trade for (insert clapped out hardtail from 2001 here)?
2nd: Would you take 50 bucks for the fork?
3rd: Consider it sold, I will have the money to you in 3 months.

It gets rather amusing really...
:rofl: That's pretty much spot-on!

mmmm yeah I can't get enough of Wanaka, have you been to Queenstown before? There's a bit more in the way of hardcore stuff as well as your regular trails but Wanaka is just pure fun.