Quantcast

New Zombie Boom Stick

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

The time for secrecy is nearing its end. This SHOT Show, Kel-Tec will be revealing its next ground-breaking product: the KSG (Kel-Tec Shotgun).

The KSG is our first entry into the shotgun market. The size, shape and design are similar to the currently available Kel-Tec RFB rifle, but the KSG ejects downward, instead of forward. The KSG weighs 6.9lbs and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1" overall length and an 18.5" cylinder bore barrel. Even with this compact size, the internal dual tube magazines hold an impressive 14 rounds of 12 gage 2-3/4" rounds (7 per tube). The simple and reliable pump action feeds from either the left or right tube. The feed side is manually selected by a lever located behind the trigger guard. The lever can be positioned in the center detent in order to easily clear the chamber without feeding another round from either magazine. A cross bolt style safety blocks the sear, and the pump release lever is located in front of the trigger guard.
Now I can see 14 rounds being very useful in fighting off the zombie horde, but I can't see a practical purpose unless your AOO is Iraq.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

I like this comment:

Here's a prediction: Cops are saying they can put non-lethal rounds in one tube, then switch over to lethal rounds if things get out of control. Eventually some dumb cops are gonna get the two mixed up and kill some protester, and the press is gonna have a damn field day while some liberal yahoo gets a new bill passed named after the victim. So, we better get these ****s while we can. I know I will...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My guess was the second guy was an undercover cop.

Who puts on a hoodie at the range?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Why would one put an optic on a scattergun?
this is what i carry at work for breaching/less-lethal/ and traditional 00 buck/slug rounds. (web pic i found..mine is spec'd a bit different and i keep the shorter barrell on it but its the same gun in essence)

remington makes this model with a sight rail only and, according to their specs, it is designed for an optic only. i have three barrels with mine but i carry it with the medium length barrel so that i can breach but still use it for less-lethal (bean bags/chemical munitions) and 00 buck/slugs. i have an EOTech mounted as the main optic that i have zeroed at 35 yards. the eotech comes in handy for entry/CQB stuff as well as less lethal (gotta be pretty precise with bean bag rounds...they are called LESS-lethal for a reason ;) )

so yes, there is a function for an optic on a shotgun but outside of law enforcement i'm not sure what that is..unless you're turkey hunting or something.

sanjuro: you are on the right track...mixing less-lethal and lethal rounds IN the same gun AT the same time is a HORRIBLE idea and was probably thought up by those who have more testosterone than they do training/experience. with a little training, it doesn't take long at all to switch from less-lethal to lethal rounds if the situation dictates. i just taught a course a few months back on field expedient ways to tactically switch from buck to slug (or the other way) without unloading everything or racking your rounds out.....it scared me when i saw how many officers had never even considered the need to do so or cared to learn how to do it before the course.

back on topic....i dig the idea of a bull-pup shotgun...one hell of any entry gun. load it with some #8 rabbit load to keep from over-penetrating indoors and you've got a beast.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the bull-pup design can make almost any weapon better.
like i said before, im surprised no one has done a shotgun in that style before

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Bullpups have always made me nervous. One explosion next to the body and you're worm food. Mind you one next to the face isn't rad either, but just make me edgy for some reason.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Bullpups have always made me nervous. One explosion next to the body and you're worm food. Mind you one next to the face isn't rad either, but just make me edgy for some reason.
I've always thought Bullpups are cool, but I can see your point about having a shell exploding next to your cheek is probably NG.

I think this is the coolest looking one I've seen:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I've always thought Bullpups are cool, but I can see your point about having a shell exploding next to your cheek is probably NG.

I think this is the coolest looking one I've seen:

i only see it being a issue if youre a lefty shooter

the FN2000 is one of my fav's

or the TAR21