Quantcast

Newbie Alert

pimpgixxer04

Chimp
Nov 30, 2008
Wichititty KS
Whats up all, im new to this bike scene but my buddy (you may know him AARONROCKER) is big into this and has talked me into this, but it looks F'n fun. So this is where the sickness starts...Im gonna be getting a bike sometime in the near future , now what would you guys recommend for an all around bike. like urban, dirt jump, and bmx.. Thanks in advance for all the help! SUP AARON!!!

aaronrocker

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
yea yea boy. way to go im proud. hey everyone this guy is a prospect, and i think he has the heart and skill to get sick so welcome him and help out if you can. ive recomended a geared stp for him. if you think something else will sufice then let him know.

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
I'd maybe skip gears since your new to the game because gears can be a b!tch sometimes. I'd say a single speed STP or maybe go a bit cheaper and check out the new Mongoose hardtails. Just get a bike on the cheap and ride it... then figure out what you like and don't like. Welcome to the club homey.

aeffertz

Monkey
Jun 12, 2008
Ladysmith, WI
I would also go with single speed; seems like it would fit your style the best.
Depending on your price range, I think a Haro Thead one would be a decent beginners bike that will hold up to whatever you put it through, and will be great as you progress.

And a link.