Quantcast

Newbie here

epi79

Chimp
May 5, 2008
Hi all , i just buy used Rotec 1st gen downhill yesterday
is there any freeride/ dowhill track in seattle between lynnwood- Seatac?
Also any local downhill shop around seattle?
i cant find one.

thanks guys.
i will post my bike later so dirty. need wash :lighten:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Welcome to RM! If you can find ANY bike shop near you, I recommend you ask them about more DH specific shops. They should be able to point you in the right direction for some trails too.

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
FluidRide is great. Also try DH Zone in the U District.

I don't know many FR trails in this area, I just moved here so let me know what you find. I do know about Galbraith in Bellingham, awesome place. Go to BBTC.ORG, you'll find a map with many of the trails in the area.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
i cant find one.

thanks guys.
i will post my bike later so dirty. need wash :lighten:
1st generation?

That brings back memories! :cupidarrow:

1st/2nd generation mix. :)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Back to the original posters Q:

I ahve been out of the scene for quite a while. Collonade (sp?) is in Seattle and has or will have stuff to play on. See BBTC.org for info.

South SeaTac has some good stuff for being close into the city.

St Ed (Kenmore/Kirkland) is good for a trail ride.

If I got any of the detail wrong guys let me know. Help a fellow Rotec rider out. :D

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
i cant find one.
To part of the NW "Culture" you need to come to this.
Come down, see a movie and get some swag........

ridetilludie

Chimp
Nov 21, 2006
Renton
Sunday May 18th we will probably be shuttling at Reiter trails (hwy2 by Goldbar). If we go you are welcome to join us. Pm me next week. You should definitely think about coming out to pa this weekend. Good times for all will be had.

Bri Sol

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Sunday May 18th we will probably be shuttling at Reiter trails (hwy2 by Goldbar). If we go you are welcome to join us. Pm me next week. You should definitely think about coming out to pa this weekend. Good times for all will be had.

Bri Sol
Whaaa? I suppose ALL of my former dirt biking haunts are now DH bike locales instead now eh? (Reiter Pit, Picnic Point, Canyon Park, etc., etc. . . . .)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Canyon Park as in where 405 goes through between Bothell and Lynnwood? :) Hell that is a bunch of grocery stores/strip malls.

Reiter is only used on occasion by MTBrs. It is being pushed to be turned into an established ORV with funding. I was up there Sunday for annual (semi annual?) Reiter clean up. Lots of Jeepers, ATV, Dirtbikes, and others but they weren't as easy to spot unless they were on hourse back/MTB/eat'n gronal bars... :D Snow was gone up to around the Spur to the Index wall. I tried to keep going up the main line but hit smoe small snow patches and my 2wd truck was having nothing to do with it. lol Lots of great elevation drop below that level anyway.

My parents talk about places like "Honda hills" btu I was to young to remember or never saw it. Most likely a development or mall right now.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
My parents talk about places like "Honda hills" but I was to young to remember or never saw it. Most likely a development or mall right now.
Been so long I've forgotten myself. Yeah, I think that's where Canyon Park was - - used to be a MX track there. I think what people called the "Honda Hills" was the BIG gravel pit that used to be off the 405/Woodinville interchange. I think there's a big corporate headqurters against that hillside now. Was a great bowl to learn hillclimbing in.

Then there was 'Mud Lake' out somewhere past Puget Park out near Silver Lake. And, believe it or not, there was one of the hottest scrambles tracks around at Maltby.

Where the town of Mill Creek is and the golf course on top of the hill was all sweeeeet riding area.

Gawd, that was all soooooo long ago now.

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Yeah it sure seem like history now, don't it??

Hey guys, hi ya Kev.......good to see some still have spark for the ol moto-link stuff. Epic you're in a small class of ol skoolers that still love their old bikes.

Yours look to be in good shape, it even looks familiar.....how long have you had it and did you get it localy??

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA

Hey guys, hi ya Kev.......good to see some still have spark for the ol moto-link stuff. Epic you're in a small class of ol skoolers that still love their old bikes.

Yours look to be in good shape, it even looks familiar.....how long have you had it and did you get it localy??
Hey Sully!

My poor Rotec is been sitting, but I can't stand to part with it. :) I will hang it on the wall if I have to damn it!

Hope things are well with you and your family.

RhinofromWA
aka Kev

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Ancient history :o: Hi Sully!

Yea, last time we drove through Startup, I tried to point out to my wife the hillside cow pasture where the MX track used to be. It's probably buried under tract houses now. In some ways it seems like just yesterday I was there - - that skinny teenager with the only full-face in the bunch!

epi79

Chimp
May 5, 2008
Well I bought it used, so basically I didn’t do anything to the bike yet
The previous owner name is chad, may be some you know him. From what I look on the bike seem it has been used a lot. Good thing no crack that I found on the bike not pristine condition need some paint job. But everything else seems hardcore. As you can see the bike got potential: P lot of nice old parts?