Quantcast

Newbie intro

TheJaybird

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Woodland, CA
So I thought I had given up cycling back in the mid nineties... got too busy trying to be all growed up so mashing around on the mountain bike got put on the way back burner.

Then, as the years piled on and the bachelorhood ended, I started to notice (gasp) gut increasage. :eek: So I hit the gym... and as I sat on the cardio bike I'm thinking... "while the eye candy in here is nice, the a/c is nice, the ability to read while spinning..." Read while spinning??? I went out and got a road bike that week. An 02 Giant TCR 2. Been riding since last September and I'm hooked again.

So I was out for a ride on the old street machine (I'm no roadie guru, in fact, I suck but I'm improving) and I'm thinking..."while it's nice to be out riding, the weather is great, wouldn't it be nice to bunny hop that ditch...." Bunny hop that ditch??? I just got a 00 Dean Duke in great shape hand deliver to my door by a nice feller I met via the MTBR classifieds... I am in love with this bike!!! Talk about technological advancements since my last mountain bike (a GT with Manitou IIs - elastomer bumper shock, high zoot back in the day).

So, here I am. A newbie on this board... and lovin my bikes :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Welcome to the :monkey: Please don't feed the :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: cuz you'll only encourage them.

Btw, nice fvcking rides! I'd love to have 02 Giant TCR 2, but my budget is more like OCR3.

Remember, don't stop riding... cuz that's when you fall over.

:D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yah i remember the elastomer's........ It's come a long way in a short time. Who was to know that i now have a trail bike AIR shocks that don't leak and "WORK". An air rear shock that's actually "supple" and it's 5.75 inches of travel... AND I CAN GET OUT OF THE SADDLE AND IT ACTUALLY PEDALS LIKE A BIKE, not a pogo stick, or a sack of moldy potatoes. I have hydraulic disc brakes and i didnt have to spend a millyun dollars on them, not to mention slap stupid adapter's on my frame. But i'm still running a Panaracer Smoke 2.1 in the back but it's turned from a downhill tire to a XC tire.
Anyways welcome back and have fun!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the whole reason i dont ride road bikes
..."while it's nice to be out riding, the weather is great, wouldn't it be nice to bunny hop that ditch."

either way welcome to the monkey. when you get to a thousand posts dont expect a reward

Renntag

Monkey
May 20, 2003
not sure, its dark
Originally posted by biggins
the whole reason i dont ride road bikes
..."while it's nice to be out riding, the weather is great, wouldn't it be nice to bunny hop that ditch."
I bunny hop and wheelie my road bike....

Best way to drop a drafter, fade to the side really quick, hit a jump that brings you right back to the path.

They usally fall back...LOL.

rida

Chimp
Jul 17, 2003
i have a totally suped up SuperCycle. bought the bike for $650 with tax, and then spent another $150 on new things and tune ups. i will sell this bike in canada for $700 with shipping included, or will trade for a Norco Rampage 03, Kona Stuff 03, Kona Roast 03, Norco Sasquatch 03, or Norco Torrent 03, and will also include $400 Canadian. i can only buy a bike in quebec so be free to meet me somewhere and we can arrange something.