Quantcast

Newbie just beginning

callummckay

Chimp
Jul 17, 2012
Hello new to the forum and new to all this sorta stuff , i want to start riding dirt jumps but am absolutly clue less were to start looking for a bike? i dabbled in riding bmx when i was growing up just in the skate parks never no good at it lol, but really want a change of scenary and smell the fresh air!! Im looking for some help in picking a bike to buy? i dont know many manufactors of dirt jump bikes? ive been looking at dmr because a few lads i knew growing up had them nice looking bikes but how do they match up? and also sizing whats the difference between 24inch and the 26inch will it make a difference to me ?

anyone give me some advice would be awesome
cheers guys :thumb:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Hello new to the forum and new to all this sorta stuff , i want to start riding dirt jumps but am absolutly clue less were to start looking for a bike? i dabbled in riding bmx when i was growing up just in the skate parks never no good at it lol, but really want a change of scenary and smell the fresh air!! Im looking for some help in picking a bike to buy? i dont know many manufactors of dirt jump bikes? ive been looking at dmr because a few lads i knew growing up had them nice looking bikes but how do they match up? and also sizing whats the difference between 24inch and the 26inch will it make a difference to me ?

anyone give me some advice would be awesome
cheers guys :thumb:
With DJ MTB's, 26" wheels is the norm. 24"s tend to be either for short riders or riders who want a more tech-trick setup particularly for street or skatepark more so than dirt.

Brands, look at smaller 'hardcore' companies like Blackmarket, NS, Atomlab, Transition. Or the big companies like Specialized, Kona, Haro, Giant, Trek, etc.

More here:
http://forums.mtbr.com/urban-dj-park/pic-posts-only-no-discussion-lineup-2010-11-complete-dj-urban-mtbmx-bikes-707301.html

Check out the pinkbike.com forum for beginners....