Quantcast

14psisupra

Chimp
Jan 4, 2006
huffman, tx
new to the forum, my dirtjump, and try to ride street bike, rate it or hate it, whata you think.

IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/14psisupra/bike1001.jpg[/IMG]

14psisupra

Chimp
Jan 4, 2006
huffman, tx
iv always heard they are better for dj and street to avoid bashing rotors and what not, i would like to upgrade soon though. at least the front if not both, how is the power of a mechanical disk compared to a vee?

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
dude how do you post pics like that. i have a digital cam and pics but dont know how to transfer them to the forums:mumble:. nice bike though! ya you might want to concider disc brakes at least in the rear

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
There is absolutly nothing wrong with running V-brakes for dirt and street. I did front and rear v's for ever. Now I just run one in the back. If you set them up properly, they can have every bit as good of "ON"/"OFF" power as any good 6" disc. Its the modulation where they suffer. AND Yes, when learning street, I'd much prefer to have V's over discs, I can't imagine how many id break if I were just learning side hops, pedal grinds, etc. etc.

I'm normally not into "Rate My Ride" threads but since you asked, You're bike looks ok to me, maybe take the plastic piece off behind the cassette. My biggest concern, simple: What's keeping your chain on? No bash guard, A chain that's not tensioned very well, and no chain guide? You must be having to constantly put that thing back on.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I agree with scurban. If you're running a single ring in the front and gears in the back, you should really have a chainguide and bashguard. It'll keep the chain on and save your chain and ring from smashing jumps and concrete ledges.

E13 guides are pretty much the standard now, they're reliable and indestructable. You can also look at Gamut and Blackspire.

14psisupra

Chimp
Jan 4, 2006
huffman, tx
iv been riding with this sprocket a few days now, and tonight was the first time its come off on me. i got it from a friend so it was free, i might get one with the built on bash in the future but for now its not giving me trouble.

Aug 15, 2005
Berlin, CT
ryan/kona29 said:
ya you might want to concider disc brakes at least in the rear
If anything, a disc up front would be where he should put one if he should so chose to use a disc. And the lock up power of V's seems to be better than that for discs anyways...

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
livetheride514 said:
If anything, a disc up front would be where he should put one if he should so chose to use a disc. And the lock up power of V's seems to be better than that for discs anyways...
well i was refering to a single brake setup, i probely should have said so. but if he runs double brakes then he should upgrade the front one to disc first if he upgrades at all. his bike realy looks great and seems to be in good working condition so probebly no need for upgrades YET.