Quantcast

NEWS: Brooklyn Machine Works in the NY Times

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
"Mr. Boudreaux came up with an apt analogy that has spread through the urban downhill world. 'When you ride a Brooklyn, you're a hot chick in a thong,' he said."

Yeah, I say and think that all the time....

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
JRogers said:
"Mr. Boudreaux came up with an apt analogy that has spread through the urban downhill world. 'When you ride a Brooklyn, you're a hot chick in a thong,' he said."

Yeah, I say and think that all the time....
urban downhill world...erm?

greenreese

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
"customized bicycles with dual-fork front suspensions and powerful rear shock absorbers designed to withstand violent landings"

Ahahaha, you got it.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Eh hem, looks like Brooklyn Got a little push by the Ny times. since when does every DH bike cost 8 g's?

I saw a brooklyn HT bike on 79 and 3rd, didnt look to special too me, just heavy.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Free riders, typically men in their 20's to mid-30's, often spend close to $10,000 on customized bicycles with dual-fork front suspensions and powerful rear shock absorbers designed to withstand violent landings.

wow 10 grand if I had spent that much on my bike, I would have to live in it somehow... kind of like a person living in their car.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
On the parks' rocks and stairways, riders can practice jumps and trick moves like 360-degree midair turns
Not spins, mind you. Just turns. No spinning allowed. :rolleyes:

"A lot of inner-city kids are getting into rock bands, music like P.O.D., just from watching downhill DVD's."
:confused: :confused: :confused:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
id give the reporter a break, lets put it into perspective.

ud have to write a article on, hhmm. Coordnated Dacne routines. howd ud fare?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mack said:

I'd probably do pretty well, being a theatre kid and all

:D

Yeah, there may be some misinformation in the article, but hey, at least its out there :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mack said:

It's cool that the article made it into the Times, and it's certainly not the writer's fault, but whoever the editor is needs to either read up before he edits articles of this nature, or find someone to consult on it.. It's just rife with inaccurate phrasing and information.

Still cool, though, and good for BMW! :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Curiouscaptian01 said:
Free riders, typically men in their 20's to mid-30's, often spend close to $10,000 on customized bicycles with dual-fork front suspensions and powerful rear shock absorbers designed to withstand violent landings.

wow 10 grand if I had spent that much on my bike, I would have to live in it somehow... kind of like a person living in their car.
are you in yr 20s or 30s? as one gets older the trend for increased salary is a strong one.

maybe NYC's prices are out of whack. maybe they based the story in tokyo.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Sweet article. So what if it's written by an outsider. Just goes to show, every article out there is alittle inflated! Props to brooklyn though.

For all the haters, calculate the cost of a complete RL vs. a foes mono or M3 and you'll see there isnt a big difference in price.

joel

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
ny times style dorks with hazmat info. if the bikes cost 100 bucks they wouldn't want to have anything to do with it. but it's the niche/boutique flavor combined with the price tag.

edit: blah.

J

JRB

tmx said:
ny times style dorks with half-assed info. if the bikes cost 100 bucks they wouldn't want to have anything to do with it. but it's the niche/boutique flavor combined with the price tag.

pretty sure some of those park riders won't appreciate mike telling the gawkers the bikes are MORE than the grand they're already sweatin' over. let them think it's only 1g, safer for us all. (not that i ride in the park on my big bike, but plenty others do.) he's a super nice kid though, psyched for his coverage, especially because he's the one who got the reporter psyched on it and really pushed him to meet with brooklyn.

I watched Roger and Me on Friday. Poor old Michael Moore gets shot down on a lot of interviews. His honesty kicks him in the nuts. He should just make some big story up instead of telling the truth. After I watch a video, I will ask for you address. I have one crazy ass conspiracist from Austin that you need to see. :D

Oh and not too bright to announce the price of high dollar rides to peeps. I just always say not much when strangers ask me.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
"Mr. Jawien's Race Link, have become status symbols not just in the free-riding world (where the Race Link is considered the Lamborghini of bicycles)"

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahhahahh! Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahhahahhahha!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
BurlyShirley said:
"Mr. Jawien's Race Link, have become status symbols not just in the free-riding world (where the Race Link is considered the Lamborghini of bicycles)"

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahhahahh! Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahhahahhahha!
That quote was the one I was about to post...

where the Race Link is considered the Lamborghini of bicycles
Is that mean its an overpriced, overhyped, outdated vehicle that won't run for more than two days in a row?