Quantcast

news from UCI Pan American Championships

racer661

Chimp
Oct 31, 2007
so the news about the crazy racing down here in chile. in qualies van dine ran a 2.58.somthing and ended up 2nd. i myself qualied 20th with a 3.12somthing with a crash uptop. then graeme pitts qualied 43rd with a 3.20 and a swolen wrist along with a complete stop on the course. curtis keene qualied 8th with a 3.03.somthing with a chil run. then hikki hall qualied 36th-ish with a 3.16.somthing with a chil run. lars tribus qualied 2nd in masters with a 3.14.somthing chill run aswell. then the only american girl that had the guts to show up(as in the others bailed at the last second prbly due to reasons not known to me) which we were all stoked that she came, rachael bouer qualied 1st with a 3.44.somthing with a chill run and a mistake or 2. then race runs go as follow. vandine won with a 2.54.66, curtis keene 10th with a 2.58.somthing with a flat at the very bottom, me 12th with a 3.03.41 with a bent pedal from to top section of the course (they messed up 12th place and 13th on time if you look at the results) then graeme pitts 22nd with a 3.09.4 still with a swolen wrist. then it was hikki hall with a 3.14.somthing and blew every turn on the course is what he said. lars tribus ended up 2nd by 2/10ths with a flat 80% down the course were the burms were. then rachael bouer finished 3rd with 3.47.somthing but with a crash that i got to see from the lift and she lost a good 10-12 seconds trying to find her bike in the massive cloud of dust! so this week was really pinned for the americans debut in the pan am in chile!

p.s. forgive my spelling i had to type really quickly and no spell check availible down here. plus its a spanish key board!