Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Holy crap, that's nuts. Awesome :thumb:

At least he didn't have to worry about keeping his legs warm - nor frostbite on his toes :D

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
binary visions said:
Holy crap, that's nuts. Awesome :thumb:

At least he didn't have to worry about keeping his legs warm - nor frostbite on his toes :D
Although he also has no more excuses not to get married.

J

JRB

I don't have the desire, but I would feel like a giant pussy had I ever tried to climb it and failed.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
:confused: Why? It's incredibly difficult.
I know that. There's just something humiliating about someone without legs kicking your ass. It's like a chick riding a drop that you won't.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
I know that. There's just something humiliating about someone without legs kicking your ass. It's like a chick riding a drop that you won't.
Ahhhh........ you've got *those* kind of hangups, eh? When a chick passes me I just figure it's a good chance to check out her bum. :thumb:

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Ahhhh........ you've got *those* kind of hangups, eh? When a chick passes me I just figure it's a good chance to check out her bum. :thumb:
I didn't say anything about a chick passing me.

LB - I don't really classify you as a chick, even if you do have a girl's bike. :D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
loco said:
If you ever come out to the front range to ride, you just might get the opportunity to have your butt kicked by a one-legged mountain biker.

J

JRB

pixelninja said:
If you ever come out to the front range to ride, you just might get the opportunity to have your butt kicked by a one-legged mountain biker.
That's already happened here. Why would I travel for that?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
DaveW said:
I can't help but wonder wether all that wine making has anything to do with him going and doing crazy things all the time????

Hmm.

I bet he can stomp the crap outta some grapes with those prosthetics.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Read "Into Thin Air" and you'll understand why it takes an amazing combination of skill, stamina, resources, and luck to get to the top of Everest. The best of the best have tried and failed.

That is friggin' amazing.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:
Read "Into Thin Air" and you'll understand why it takes an amazing combination of skill, stamina, resources, and luck to get to the top of Everest. The best of the best have tried and failed.

That is friggin' amazing.
:stupid:

Put it this way, on the day of your ascent, if you don't descend from Everest by 2pm, you are dead.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
sanjuro said:
:stupid:

Put it this way, on the day of your ascent, if you don't descend from Everest by 2pm, you are dead.
If there's a storm coming, I'd agree. But many (well, maybe not a ton) have summited after 2pm and returned safely. Those folks that got caught in '96 made a lot of mistakes. The storm made a bunch pay with their lives.