Quantcast

news of the weird...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't even know that means. I'm just trying to make fun of syadasti.

Who relentlessly doubled down on 'bears don't forcefully enter'

I was just up in Moose Pass visiting friends in July. For some odd reason they've lived there for over a decade with nothing but regular doors on their old house (now a rental unchanged) and other misc buildings (other than their chicken coop which is flimsy and tasty so it has an electric fence). They just spent a ton on a nice new house and that too has regular doors. None of their two cars and two trucks have ever been broken into either. I guess USDA rangers don't know anything about bears and somehow they're lucky?

Lower Trail Lake just around the corner from their place

Like everyone else in the area they have bear proof garbage cans.

We also visited the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center which is a well known animal rescue that has lots of large animals including bears. My cousin's best friend founded and runs it. I guess they don't know anything about bears either.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There were no doors between me and the bear on the trail yesterday, about 75 feet up, 300-400lb black bear. It was not impressed by humans. Going down to the next trail intersection and waiting...yep, bear just strolling down the trail to where more people were, didn't give a F.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There were no doors between me and the bear on the trail yesterday, about 75 feet up, 300-400lb black bear. It was not impressed by humans. Going down to the next trail intersection and waiting...yep, bear just strolling down the trail to where more people were, didn't give a F.
Don't you have doors on your trails?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
“We say that the average farmed salmon consumer is NOT the typical Patagonia customer who can spend nearly USD 20 for an 8 oz jar of almond butter or USD 44 for a few small packs of wild Alaska salmon. Companies that produce farmed salmon/farmed seafood have made their products available to “people of average means.” Given that a Patagonia fleece jacket may cost as much as a month’s grocery budget for some families, and given what we know of US consumers of farmed salmon/salmonids, the average US consumer doesn’t care what Patagonia thinks. This is an elitist issue and we see it as virtue-signaling to a very rarefied audience,” said McKnight.

she's right.JPG

Fuck that whole elitist cabal.

Last edited: