Quantcast

News: X-Fusion Launches 650b-Specific Trail/Enduro Fork??

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Quick update here - I have been riding the 26" version for about 2 months now and just bought the Sweep (650b version) for my Banshee Spitfire build. The only difference between the versions is the crown offset - the casting is already 650b compatible.

It's a very impressive fork - stiff, great small bump sensitivity, and handles bigger hits well despite the lack of sophisticated damping adjustments. That's the only weakness I can really see with this fork - lockout and rebound are the only external adjustments, with an internal shim stack that can be tweaked for low speed compression. That being said, I have not yet found myself in a situation where the damping has been lacking to the point where I wished there were more adjustments. Getting the fork to match the feel of my CCDB Air on my Banshee could be a challenge, but I'll have to see.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Non-existent to be honest - I'm guessing that the mid-valve has something to do with this, but the fork rides very high in its travel. Braking dive is a big deal for me because a lot of the trails that I frequent are very steep with tight corners and sizeable rock drops, roots, etc. Even on the binders, the fork maintains plenty of travel for whatever comes into its path. I've never seen a fork with so few adjustments handle gnarly terrain so well.