Quantcast

Newz: Pistol-packing Senior Chases Off Mugger, Gets Charged for Unlicensed Gun

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Pistol-packing Senior Chases Off Mugger, Gets Charged for Unlicensed Gun
By Marcus Solis

(Bronx-WABC, November 5, 2003) — A mugger in the Bronx got quite a surprise when the 80-year-old man he attacked in an elevator pulled out a .38 caliber handgun. There was a struggle, a shot was fired, and now the elderly victim is being criminally charged.
READ MORE

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Did you read the article? That old man is lucky he didn't get shot with his own gun.

Of course I feel bad for him, and good for him for trying to defend himself, but...

1. There is no good reason for him to NOT register those guns
2. If he's going to carry one, he better be prepared to use it; the thief came awful close to taking the gun from and using it on the ol' fella.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
When I first saw this post I thought it was going to tie in to South Park and the Seniors taking over the town episode that was on last night.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Well, clearly the only reason not to register the gun was that the plan was to use it to commit crime...

..isn't that the logic used to question why ID cards are not in everyone's interests?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by fluff
Well, clearly the only reason not to register the gun was that the plan was to use it to commit crime...

..isn't that the logic used to question why ID cards are not in everyone's interests?
I am unaware of the ID card thing. What are they intended to do?

I just need to be clued in. Is this a USA issue I haven't heard about? :confused:

BTW- I think the gun was inherited from his mother or something. It could have been registered to her, they could then track it to the son.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Tenchiro
I think they need to find the guy that mugged him and finish the job...
I think that part goes without saying...

If the fogey had shot the mugger, I'm pretty sure it would have been straight self defense... but he still would get in trouble for the unregistered gun.