N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Wouldn't it be cool if ALL bombs can so labled??? :rolleyes:

Band Sticker on Bike Causes Bomb Scare

Mar 02 6:26 PM US/Eastern
ATHENS, Ohio

A sticker on a bicycle that said "this bike is a pipe bomb" caused a scare Thursday at Ohio University that shut down four buildings before authorities learned the message was the name of a punk rock band, a university spokesman said.

The sticker on the bike chained outside the university-owned Oasis restaurant near the center of campus attracted the attention of a police officer about 5:30 a.m., spokesman Jack Jeffery said.

Police blocked streets around the restaurant and the Columbus police bomb squad came from about 65 miles away.

The bomb experts hit the bike with a high-pressure spray of water, then pried it apart with a hydraulic device normally used to rescue accident victims trapped in cars, acting Athens Fire Chief Ken Gilbraith said. Once they had it open, they saw there was no bomb.

The buildings, including some classroom facilities, were reopened after a couple hours.

Dean of Students Terry Hogan urged students to be more careful when showing support for the band from Pensacola, Fla.

University police interviewed the bike's owner then released him, Jeffery said. Police are still investigating.

An e-mail seeking comment was sent to Plan-It-X Records, listed on a Web site for the band as its record label. The label does not have a published phone number.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Can you imagine coming outside and seeing them ripping apart your bike thinking it's a bomb?!?!

A little paranoid are we?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
tear it apart first... ask questions later!!!

to have asked questions first would have given the impression that we were soft on bikes and good band names!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
firetoole said:
what would they do to a guy wearing this shirt?

Invade him only to make a statement later that there was false information and actually no WMD's were found... just a man wearing a funny shirt to make up for the fact he was hung like a chipmunk!:wonky2:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
brungeman said:
Invade him only to make a statement later that there was false information and actually no WMD's were found... just a man wearing a funny shirt to make up for the fact he was hung like a chipmunk!:wonky2:
Wiener of Major Disapointment

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I know if I want to blow something up, I'm going to take a sharpie to the unattended bag first and write "BOMB IN HERE".

I feel sorry for the guy who returned to his bike to find everything evacuated and a bomb squad tearing the bike apart. They better get him another bike.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I was in NY post 9/11 and even then saw "This Bike is a Pipe Bomb" stickers on two or three bikes. Seriously, I guess that cop must have had his head under a rock for years.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TBIAPB is not exactly Green Day. I would call them Indie Pop, but that might not be even right there.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
maxyedor said:
From the planet x records website. Since when did punk rock fans ever wear baby blue?
And since when do they all rest on each others shoulders in the front row of the pit?