Quantcast

Nexis 211 Neck Brace

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
VITALMX:
First Look: Nexis 211 DX Neck Brace
There have been some interesting developments lately in the neck brace world, and here's the latest, the Nexis 211 DX. The wide, comfortable belt system that sits on top of your shoulders takes direct impact pressure away from your sternum and spine, they're doing some interesting things with testing, and it'll be made in the U.S.A. Check the video and photos below for more.
Looks pretty solid to me, I am looking forward to learning more about this product...

http://www.vitalmx.com/features/First-Look-Nexis-211-DX-Neck-Brace,3195

Thoughts???

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Always good to see more options out there. It's been done on other braces before but I like the idea of the twin struts at the back avoiding the spine, if nothing else the design should make wearing a spine guard easier and maybe a bit more stable.

Not sure on the open design at the front though, you would think that spreading the load over more surface area would be a better thing, and at the right angle it could all be going through one strut. AFAIK the sternum is quite sturdy (doctors feel free to correct me), so I don't see the benefit. Could it be possible that a narrow chin guard (think THE helmets) could get wedged into the gap as well during a crash?

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
The first production version of anything is generally a bad idea to get involved with (Evil Revolt for example), but the first production version of a neck brace which has no standard testing methodology and is meant to save your life?

Much rather go with a brand that has a least seen a few revisions based on feedback from production models.