Quantcast

Next DH race

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
The Norba National Series is coming to Schweitzer in Sand Point, Idaho July 15-17. I was there last year and there are a lot of racers. There are all the team supported riders and a number of independents who set up a few days early. There is a little section of the course called "choir boy" that might be worth checking out. Last year it was pretty dusty and the course is kind of rocky-its a great rib cracker.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
Awsome! thanks for the info. I am a semi-pro motocross racer and i want to go pro in DH. For how much i have been doing, i am actually not to shabby at this. Is there a website that i can go to so i can get directions and all that good stuff to the races on mt.hood, and bear mountain? The NORBA race in Idaho sounds fun, but i dont want to watch, i want to race. How do i get into something like that?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Motoking16 said:
Awsome! thanks for the info. I am a semi-pro motocross racer and i want to go pro in DH. For how much i have been doing, i am actually not to shabby at this. Is there a website that i can go to so i can get directions and all that good stuff to the races on mt.hood, and bear mountain? The NORBA race in Idaho sounds fun, but i dont want to watch, i want to race. How do i get into something like that?

You can show up at the NORBA national in Idaho and race. My first DH race was a national. However, you'll get more racing for your money at a local race.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Motoking16 said:

go HERE for info on Schweitzer. You can pre register or do it when you get there. if you have not raced, you can enter as either beginner, sport or expert. if you enter expert you must have an annual NORBA license. The sport/beginner course will be different then the expert/pro.

Check out the hood race. you wont have too many people on your back and the prices are a little less. if you can hang there, then the following weekend is Schweitzer.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
The only thing I would add on Schweitzer if you have the time to hang out you can camp out a few days earlier in the parking lot of the fire department and kind of check things out. I didnt race DH but the expert course is supposed to be pretty difficult. I talked to some of the guys who did sport and they thought it was ok but not particularly challenging. The best riders will be there staying in the hotels. I was wrong on the Choirboy its Altar Boy and its a 30 foot drop. Thats why I will be riding XC.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
Thanks again guys! that 30' drop sounds sic! i dont think i am going to be able to camp out a couple days earlier because i am stuck going to green river this quarter to make up for the quarter i missed while living in CA. So i am going to plan on hitting mt. hood first and decide if i am up for schwizer (SP?). i better find somewher to get my practice on though!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Motoking16 said:
Thanks again guys! that 30' drop sounds sic! i dont think i am going to be able to camp out a couple days earlier because i am stuck going to green river this quarter to make up for the quarter i missed while living in CA. So i am going to plan on hitting mt. hood first and decide if i am up for schwizer (SP?). i better find somewher to get my practice on though!

Show me how to moto X and I will show you how to DH. Deal?