Quantcast

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Week 4 mini-run down:

Da Bears: Special Teams are rockin', Cutler Elway'd it, and the D gave up 24 to Detroit. But who the hell cares when you put up 48.

Saints: Found a defense...

Broncos: Brian Dawkins does make that much of a difference. Also, having a guy named Elvis on your team only helps.

Rams: Suckin'. Hard. Boller, lol.

Titans: VY starts by week 7.

Pittsburgh: Still plagued by second half let downs on the defensive side...

Indy: Peyton owns it.

Hawks: Suck it.

TB: When you change a defensive scheme, make sure it doesn't suck complete ass first.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
:rofl: @ the Raiders.

Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports said:
In addition to enduring yet another difficult loss, the Oakland Raiders are bracing for the possibility that coach Tom Cable could be arrested soon in relation to an alleged assault on an assistant coach. Criminal charges against Cable could lead to a suspension by the league.

“Everybody is trying to figure out who’s going to take over if Tom isn’t here,” said an assistant coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “John Marshall has a lot of experience, he’s probably the guy. But it’s nuts. It’s crazy when you start to really think about it.”

Although Napa Valley (Calif.) police have declined to comment on the investigation, NFL.com quoted the attorney for Raiders assistant coach Randy Hanson as saying that Hanson told police he had been assaulted by Cable on Aug. 5 while the Raiders were in training camp. Hanson was treated for a broken jaw and his attorney, San Francisco-based John McGuinn, said three other coaches, including Marshall, witnessed the attack.

McGuinn did not return three messages left by Yahoo!, but told NFL.com that the situation was “a textbook case of felony assault.”

Napa Valley police Commander Andy Lewis declined to discuss the matter, but defended the progress of the investigation even though no arrest had been made in nearly two months.

“I’m not going to address the case, but it’s not as simple as just making an arrest,” Lewis said. “You don’t know the issues involved with the case.”

If arrested, Cable could also face a suspension from the NFL for violation of the personal conduct policy. Under the policy, coaches and executives are held to the same standard, if not a higher one, than the players.

The Raiders, defeated 29-6 by the Houston Texans on Sunday, have played progressively worse through the season’s first four weeks. After a late-game loss in the opener to the San Diego Chargers, the Raiders struggled to beat the winless Kansas City Chiefs in the second game and have scored a total of nine points in their past two games.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think most Raiders fans would embrace Cable if they weren't losing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, striking your underlings is bad, but toning down the violence in football is like recommending to stop the forward pass.

But given their record, I think this will one of many follies this season.

P.S. Lane Kiffin has a perfect record in the SEC, no wins.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
P.S. Lane Kiffin has a perfect record in the SEC, no wins.
Actually, people down here in TN are pretty high on Kiffin. He hasn't won, but he hasn't had much to work with yet. His teams do play tough, and I think he's a solid coach.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Actually, people down here in TN are pretty high on Kiffin. He hasn't won, but he hasn't had much to work with yet. His teams do play tough, and I think he's a solid coach.
And, add to the fact that 0-4 in the SEC is like 12-0 in any other conference...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Maybe. Not that getting fired for ridiculous reason by Al Davis is a mark on your resume (see Shanahan, Mike & Gruden, Jon), but Kiffin seems to take a page from Belichick school of personal relations.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have I ever told you guys how much I hate Brett Favre?
I couldn't watch the game tonight. Couldn't go 10 seconds without hearing the ****ers name. They could have replaced the announcers with just a loop of someone saying "Bret Favre"

I laughed my ass off the other day when I saw someone wearing a Packers T-Shirt that said "We will never forget you Brent"

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I couldn't watch the game tonight. Couldn't go 10 seconds without hearing the ****ers name. They could have replaced the announcers with just a loop of someone saying "Bret Favre"
and after the game the announcers go down to the locker room and take turns blowing him.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well well well, Crabtree signed with the 49ers this morning for the same deal they offered him 10 weeks ago... great hold out dude....now we will see if he is any good and if he turns out to be a royal PITA like TO or is he going to be a team player like Rice

EasyE

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
Fremont,CA
CASHTREE....hahahha. Brilliant! Thanks Dion. I bet when that tampering charge came across ESPN bottom wire CASHTREE turned and looked at Dion and said " Did you just cost me 20 million"? I wonder if Dion slid CASHTREE like 5 mil to make up for telling him to hold out and then spilling the beans half way through there little plan.
The 49ers are winning without him and I had moved on. I was to the point that I just didnt want the dude anymore. But now that he is signed I am kinda happy just cause of the potential upside but this dude better not through off there winning mojo!

EasyE

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
Fremont,CA
It would be funny if he's a complete bust like Jamarcus Russell.
LOL....probably! another JJ. Stokes? What will be interesting is to see who will be better CAshtree or Hayward-Bey. I think AL Davis is a fool. D.H.B cant catch the ball.

P.S. can he possibly be as bad as Russell? That might be hard to do. That dude cant hit the broad side of a barn. I have never seen someone miss so bad. Some passes are like 10 yards off.....

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Ok...so last week, the Raiders showed that they couldn't really measure up. The good news is that neither can the Bills or the Browns...the bad? The Raiders are worse than those two!!

On the plus side...the hawks (4 pass td's...yes...4...) proved they really do have a team. With the correct qb and the right venue for their D.......damn it....

At this point:
Colts over Titans
Jets over Fins