Quantcast

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Well in a few days the season officially gets under way. It's going to be another rough year in Raiders land. They cut Garcia.:rant: I feel he was their only hope of having an 8-8 season. Russell will be at the helm, I see them winning no more than 5 games................ again.

How do you think your team will do?

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
The Pats will do just fine.

That said I'm disappointed that they traded Richard Seymore to the Raiders. I mean, it was a smart move for the team, but he's one of my favorites and hate to see him go.
The Pats got the Raiders 1st round pick for next year, so I'll be routing against them more than usual, but still pulling for Seymore.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Pats got the Raiders 1st round pick for next year, so I'll be routing against them more than usual, but still pulling for Seymore.
2011 pick, actually, so the Raiders have two seasons to improve and lower that Pats' draft pick. I could see the Raiders approaching .500 in two seasons.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
The Pats will do just fine.

That said I'm disappointed that they traded Richard Seymore to the Raiders. I mean, it was a smart move for the team, but he's one of my favorites and hate to see him go.
You guys got Derek Burgess from the Raiders, he has been their best defensive player.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
When you keep getting high draft picks, eventually the players develop and the team improves. That is, unless you are the Lions.
Not in the Raiders case. On paper they should be a constant playoff caliber team. This even dates back to after their Super Bowl loss. Al Davis has never been afraid to spend what ever it takes to put a winning team on the field. IMO he's the Steinbrener of Football, when it comes to spending. He should have tried to keep Gruden way back when.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I love how Al traded next year's 1st round pick for a guy who won't report to the team.

The best part is going to be after the season is over. When the Raiders tank, they will have traded a probable top 5 pick for a guy who could very likely resign with the Pats.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
On my side of the Bay, people are getting exciting for the season. I think I am going to my first game at Candlestick.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I love how Al traded next year's 1st round pick for a guy who won't report to the team.

The best part is going to be after the season is over. When the Raiders tank, they will have traded a probable top 5 pick for a guy who could very likely resign with the Pats.
Again, it's a 2011 pick, not a 2010 pick.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Seahawks get back on top of the division this year, skunk AZ during the season, whomp the Ramz, and acutally make a decent showing in the playoffs.

I'm secretly hoping for a first round bye...time will tell.
You are far more optimistic than I.

I'm just pissed that I ended up with Tony Romo as the starter on my fantasy team.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hey, the Raiders are the only thing that give Texan fans a reason to reconsider jumping from the top of Reliant Stadium every year...:D

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
You could do far worse than having Homo as your starting QB. He has a good target at TE, and has 2 or 3 solid receiving threats. I'd take him.
Oh, he'll put up points, I'm not worried about that. It's just more a matter of principles.

My roommate, however, has me beat. Team Anger Management. He's got:

-TO
-Ochocinco
-Dolphins D
- Dallas Clark
- Darren McFadden

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
besides the raiders....the next two biggest jokes in the nfl will be denver and carolina this season.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Even though Delhomme has broken down, Carolina still has an excellent running game and a solid defense. They may not make the playoffs, but they wont be a joke like the Broncs and Raiders.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Even though Delhomme has broken down, Carolina still has an excellent running game and a solid defense. They may not make the playoffs, but they wont be a joke like the Broncs and Raiders.
The Raiders will still be a bigger joke than the Broncos. Even if the Raiders start to show some glimmer oh hope I'm sure they'll find a way to lose quite a few games in the final 5 minutes.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Candlestick is a complete dump, WAY worse than Oakland. Candlestick needed to be torn down 25 years ago.
I've never gone over to Candlestick, but I'll take your word it is a dump.

I am somewhat ambivalent about the move to Santa Clara. The 49er's I'm sure need a new stadium, but there is a certain pleasure with your team being in the city.

I also think in our current economy, I don't know how any town can afford to build a team a new stadium.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I've never gone over to Candlestick, but I'll take your word it is a dump.

I am somewhat ambivalent about the move to Santa Clara. The 49er's I'm sure need a new stadium, but there is a certain pleasure with your team being in the city.

I also think in our current economy, I don't know how any town can afford to build a team a new stadium.
It really is bad. The last game I went to there was when the Raiders played the 49ers the year the Raiders went to the SB. I was wondering around the stadium and commented to my wife that the place was getting real bad.