Quantcast

NFL offseason 2008 discussion

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Bears did not draft a QB, which means one thing.

"Rex is our quarterback"

Superbowl here we come!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw

"Rex is our quarterback"

Superbowl here we come!
You guys had a great pick in Marcus Harrison at DT. He's gunna be good. Also got Marcus Monk, huge reciever. I may have to buy a Bears shirt for next year.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver

"Rex is our quarterback"

Superbowl here we come!
In addition to that, they picked up a LT (Chris Williams, Vanderbilt) that will be huge! I wanted him or the LT that we took two picks before.

The new RB will be the starter before the end of the season.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
In addition to that, they picked up a LT (Chris Williams, Vanderbilt) that will be huge! I wanted him or the LT that we took two picks before.

The new RB will be the starter before the end of the season.
The thing I will say about Benson is that he has looked his best when pushed by competition. He really outperformed Thomas Jones 2 years ago...which is why Jones was sent packing. So Im hoping a Benson/Forte combo is really effective.
As for Williams from Vandy... being around Nashville, Im pretty familiar with him and I think he will be a good fit. If Rex has a good line, I think he will be productive, so Im happy they took it into consideration early. Bears also go Earl Bennett, the WR from Vandy in the 3rd. He will be great!

Dolphins land Henne... not pleased with Beck?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Hey Sherpa, tell me 'bout WR Marcus Monk from Ark!
6'6"
235lbs
4.4, 40yd dash
Heard he was projected as a 3rd rounder, Bears got him in the 7th... is he a player?

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Hey Sherpa, tell me 'bout WR Marcus Monk from Ark!
6'6"
235lbs
4.4, 40yd dash
Heard he was projected as a 3rd rounder, Bears got him in the 7th... is he a player?
You guys got a STEAL. Dude's a baller, huge red zone/TD threat. Played basketball so you know he's got great hands and doesn't drop a lot of passes. He's are all time touchdown reception leader, and that's just in three seasons. He was hurt this year and sat out 7 games, would've easily been a late first round/early second receiver if he played all our games. Hell of a guy too, real fun to be around and always has a hot girlfriend.