Quantcast

NFL offseason craziness

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Is it me, or has this offseason been bananas?

Redskins trading 3 first round picks so they can snag a rookie QB.

Peyton Manning getting cut, then completely disrupting free agency for a half dozen teams while he made a decision and everyone who was interested hoarded every cent in case they had a shot.

Indianapolis following up their cut of Manning by getting rid of the rest of their team.

Mario Williams going to the Bills for the largest defensive contract ever offered (not that I'm complaining, mind you).

The Saints lost half their staff, with the GM suspended for 8 games, Sean Payton suspended for the whole year and Gregg Williams suspended indefinitely.

And now, Touchdown Jesus is headed to the Jets.

WTF?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if john elway dies...i'll have a reason to like the broncos.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I hear Sean Payton was suspended for a year. Anyone else hear that?

Go Rams. They might win some games in 5-7 years once they use those draft picks, so I have that to look forward to. And Gregg Williams has been their d-coordinator for like nine minutes, so it's not like that's some sort of big loss. His status will be revisted after the 2012 season.

Anyway, I love all the off-season drama. :)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
As a life long Donkey's fan and current Colorado resident, let me be the first to say, thank the FSM I no longer have to hear about Tim effing Tebow, don't let the door hit you in the ass, and please, take your mom with you.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
As a life long Donkey's fan and current Colorado resident, let me be the first to say, thank the FSM I no longer have to hear about Tim effing Tebow, don't let the door hit you in the ass, and please, take your mom with you.
There was a ESPN poll the other night that basically concluded that 80% of all fans wouldn't want Tebow playing for their home team. Kinda funny considering he does win games. I have to agree though, he is horribly annoying.
He can go to the Jets and be a drama queen like the rest of the team.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Is it me, or has this offseason been bananas?

Redskins trading 3 first round picks so they can snag a rookie QB.

Peyton Manning getting cut, then completely disrupting free agency for a half dozen teams while he made a decision and everyone who was interested hoarded every cent in case they had a shot.

Indianapolis following up their cut of Manning by getting rid of the rest of their team.

Mario Williams going to the Bills for the largest defensive contract ever offered (not that I'm complaining, mind you).

The Saints lost half their staff, with the GM suspended for 8 games, Sean Payton suspended for the whole year and Gregg Williams suspended indefinitely.

And now, Touchdown Jesus is headed to the Jets.

WTF?
The saints did not lose Greg Williams indefinitely, his new team the Rams lost him indefinitely.

To add to the oddness of this offseason Lions management was able to re-sign and restructure a number of key contracts to solidify the future of the team, and also lower it's cap numbers to make room for future signings....absolutely unbelievable. Doesn't mean we will be any better, just means we are making strides in management for a change.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
As a lifelong Broncos hater, I'm bummed. Tebow, Elway and the Broncos were the dream team of hate.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Doesn't matter what fancy players the Bills have on defense when what they really need is a reliable QB.
Meh, I think Fitzpatrick will do okay. They got decimated with injuries last year, which makes it hard on any QB. Especially to lose Fred Jackson - they only had one 100-yard rushing game the rest of the season after he went out. Frankly, shoring up a defense also takes a lot of pressure off the quarterback.

They just picked up Anderson from the Pats, too. Looks like they want to get sack-happy this season.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Meh, I think Fitzpatrick will do okay. They got decimated with injuries last year, which makes it hard on any QB. Especially to lose Fred Jackson - they only had one 100-yard rushing game the rest of the season after he went out. Frankly, shoring up a defense also takes a lot of pressure off the quarterback.

They just picked up Anderson from the Pats, too. Looks like they want to get sack-happy this season.
Very true about all of the injuries but that is always a problem with any team. I'd just rather see the Bills spend money on players that can actually score points in the 4th quarter.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Now rumours of Tebow going to Jacksonville. Makes more sense but They should consider trading him to the Marlins. He throws a great knuckle-ball.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Tebow to the Jets is official! Awesome. Now we need Mark Sanchez to start the season struggling so the dysfunction and angst among the locker room, fans and media will grow even more. :)

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
As dorky as this'll sound, I was just slightly hoping Manning would go to the Cardinals. Then, much like old man Warner did, maybe take them back to the Super Bowl, with Fitzgerald catching the game winner officially this time.

Oh wait, that would mean Bidwell would have to open his pocket book and get a decent offensive line to block and give Manning time to throw the ball. Guess that's not going to happen (the pocket opening, that is)..............

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Odd, since he would have been the starter in J'ville.
Now there will be Tebow chants in NY as soon as Sanchez throws his first pick. Sanchez will have to suck worse than last year for him to get benched considering what he just signed for.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in case new yorkers didn't know.....tebow loves him some jesus.

if you're a athiest....do us a favor...don't watch.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Jacksonville offered more for him than the jets. The Broncos gave him the option where to go, he chose NY over Jacksonville. Jacksonville is in Florida.
Lebron left his hometown/state after actually playing for them. Tebow never played for a pro Florida team.