Quantcast

NFL : Pats vs Giants

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
He never said Manning wasn't a great quarter back. He just said that Brady is better so he should have the record.
I'm not convinced that Brady is better. He's having an awesome year, an amazing year, looks like the best single year ever, statistically. But I'm not ready to crown him as better than Peyton just yet.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
You are just too close to Pittsburgh.

Edit: Actually anyone wearing a football jacket is probably a douche bag.
I've seen idiots in Steelers jackets all over the country. And every time, it's the loudest and most intoxicated jackass in the room.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
For the record. Peyton IS a great QB. You misunderstood.
It's just that Tom Brady IS better Peyton, and being a lifelong (since 86 anyway) Pats fan, that booger pickin' goober makes too many commercials. There, I said it.
I disagree, as of now. Someday I might look back and say Brady was better, but right now I have not seen proof. He's having one awesome year, nothing else.

And if someone offered me millions of dollars to make too many TV commercials, I'd be all over that sh!t, and so would you :busted:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I'm not convinced that Brady is better. He's having an awesome year, an amazing year, looks like the best single year ever, statistically. But I'm not ready to crown him as better than Peyton just yet.
look at the records, and the supporting cast.

brady in a landslide. hell, if he had James or Addai in the backfield for the last 3 years, and could throw to Harrison or Wayne for the same time, the pats would never lose.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Actually, I wholeheartedly agree.

The difference is no other team is run by asshats to the extent of the Pats. Yeah, lets go for it on 4th and goal just to run up the score.

Too bad the yellow flags can't come out for poor sportsmanship like that.
Maybe I missed something along the way, but isn't the whole point to beat the other team? If you have the ability to ensure a win beyond a doubt how is that unsportsmanlike? Should the Pats (or any other team) stop playing to the best of their abilities just because they're winning? I say no, if the other team can't keep up they deserve to get thoroughly whipped. It's not like we're talking an NFL franchise against a Pop Warner team, these are all professional athletes who are being paid to play as hard as they can. Quit your whining.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Actually, I wholeheartedly agree.

The difference is no other team is run by asshats to the extent of the Pats. Yeah, lets go for it on 4th and goal just to run up the score.

Too bad the yellow flags can't come out for poor sportsmanship like that.
You're a pvssy

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If you have the ability to ensure a win beyond a doubt how is that unsportsmanlike? Should the Pats (or any other team) stop playing to the best of their abilities just because they're winning?
agreed.

NOT running up the score as much as possible is tantamount to not playing your starters.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Maybe I missed something along the way, but isn't the whole point to beat the other team? If you have the ability to ensure a win beyond a doubt how is that unsportsmanlike? Should the Pats (or any other team) stop playing to the best of their abilities just because they're winning? I say no, if the other team can't keep up they deserve to get thoroughly whipped. It's not like we're talking an NFL franchise against a Pop Warner team, these are all professional athletes who are being paid to play as hard as they can. Quit your whining.
So you're suggesting it was unsportsmanlike for Westbrook to slide down at the 1 instead of running up the score against their biggest rivals, the Cowboys?

agreed.

NOT running up the score as much as possible is tantamount to not playing your starters.
See above, and I call bullsh!t.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Sometimes I think Rob is an idiot.

Rob, stop letting your blind hatred, umm, blind you.
Stop bandwagon jumping Opie.

The Pats are douchebags, and that won't change. Belichek is an unwashed cvnt, and that won't change. Superbowls, perfect seasons, nothing will change the fact that the Pats are a swaggering, arrogant bunch of pricks.

End of discussion. I hope Brady suffers a Bledsoe against the Giants. I'll be watching.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Really? Which team is not full of douchebag coaches and players who hit their women, drive drunk, and make it rain?

They all suck, even your favorite teams.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Correct. The Pats just suck more. ANY team sucks with Madden swinging from the QBs nutsack.
Think about it logically...

-- you're a billion dollar organization, there's no "fair" play except that set by the Federal Govt. You do your best, every second.
-- this is NFL history in the making. Frankly, I want it as much for the Pats as I do to put down the dying dog that is my '72 Dolphins. If my father was alive, he'd be embarrassed for the team he saw do the amazing by they way they're acting today.
-- 19-0 is so much more amazing than 18-1, so why not go for it?

dude, go get a drink, smoke a bowl, switch to decaf, rub one out and try to enjoy the experience.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
So you're suggesting it was unsportsmanlike for Westbrook to slide down at the 1 instead of running up the score against their biggest rivals, the Cowboys?
I'm not suggesting that at all. He made what I'm sure was a difficult personal sacrifice by not scoring in order to ensure a win. Making the td would have given possession of the ball to Dallas and taken control of the game away from the Eagles. They had the points to win and his play all but locked the win for them, a very smart move IMO.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Maybe we (Giants fans) will get lucky and the Pats bus will crash on the way to Jersey. I dont really hate the Pats...it just that I wish that fat bastard coach of theirs would die!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd be a lot more impressed if 3 teams went unbeaten in the AFC and the Pats didn't get a buy week. 20-0?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm talking about next year.

Is it possible for any 3 teams in the same conference to never play each other?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm talking about next year.

Is it possible for any 3 teams in the same conference to never play each other?
16 teams in a conference, 16 games in a season.

6 games against division opponents.
4 games against an NFC division
4 games against an AFC division
2 games against others.

Figuring out if three teams could avoid each other would involve math and logic that is beyond my comprehension. Where's BV? He'd know.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
16 teams in a conference, 16 games in a season.

6 games against division opponents.
4 games against an NFC division
4 games against an AFC division
2 games against others.

Figuring out if three teams could avoid each other would involve math and logic that is beyond my comprehension. Where's BV? He'd know.
Yes, it could happen.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
that will be really unlikely with the way the league makes the schedule based on the strength of the team the previous year.
Party pooper.

People said it was impossible to go undefeated in the modern era. We will see on Saturday.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Example

Indy runs their division and all their NFC games. They play the Browns, Dolphins, Raiders, Denver, Jets, and Bills with their 4 AFC +2 other.

Patriots run division and NFC games. They beat the Bengals, Browns, Chargers, Texans, Chiefs and Titans for their 4+2.

Steelers run division and NFC. Beat Dolphins, Bills, Raiders, Denver, Texans and Jaguars for their 4+2.

3 16-0 teams in the regular season. Tie breaker rules forces one team to play an extra round in the playoffs giving them the chance to go 20-0.

How does that not follow the rules IRB posted?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy, each team plays an entire division in each conference (plus their own division), plus two floater games that depend on previous year's standing and such. None of your examples have a team playing an entire division within their conference.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Westy, each team plays an entire division in each conference (plus their own division), plus two floater games that depend on previous year's standing and such. None of your examples have a team playing an entire division within their conference.

Gotcha.

Now a team could tie several games in a year, never lose and still be a 3 seed. An undefeated 20 game season is still possible ;)